Mahogany Bay cabana rental questions

swimmingfish43

Do any of you know if you can pay to have more than four people in the cabana? If so, how much? We would have four adults and two children (2 & 5).

Also, it says it is for six hours from 9 to 3. Do you know if we really have to leave at three if our back on board time isn't until 5:30?

My husband called a Carnival representative today and asked her the first question. She just read him the description that is online which says four people maximum. But, I thought I read a review where someone mentioned having more people. I didn't think about asking the second question at the time.

Thanks for any info you might have.

We rented one on our last cruise. I don't think you'll have any problems with 4 adults and 2 small children in the cabana itself. They give you 4 passes for the skylift and I'm sure you can buy 2 extra's. The only issue you may find is seating. There are 4 loungers per unit. On a side note, we will never rent one again. They allow all guests to walk in the water right in front of your loungers, and anyone can use the water in front. We found it to be very chaotic and took away from the relaxation that the fee entitled us to.

Good luck!

We have booked a cabana twice. I have a couple of picture on this thread starting at post #6. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2004274

I have to say we had a good experence both times. The security was good at keeping people out of the area. The water in front is open to all but both times it was not an issue. Most people stayed on the other side.

As you can see from the photos there are a lot of people on the other side.

Your cabana will have a large double lounger and one hammock. On your little front porch is a table and two chairs and two loungers. If you do book one, once you check in and they walk you to your cabana have them make sure you are in the correct cabana to fit your key. They are unlocked when you get there and both times they had given us the wrong key. Have them try the lock before they leave. They need to mark the keys better. You can also stay as long as you want....without missing the ship :D

]

Edited by reno3

We rented one on our last cruise. I don't think you'll have any problems with 4 adults and 2 small children in the cabana itself. They give you 4 passes for the skylift and I'm sure you can buy 2 extra's. The only issue you may find is seating. There are 4 loungers per unit. On a side note, we will never rent one again. They allow all guests to walk in the water right in front of your loungers, and anyone can use the water in front. We found it to be very chaotic and took away from the relaxation that the fee entitled us to.

Good luck!

My experience was like this. Security did nothing to keep people from coming into the area that was designated as being only for the cabanas. I personally would not bother renting a cabana at Mahogany Bay again.

We had a private cabana a couple of weeks ago. We were on Emerald Princess and a Carnival ship was also in port so the place was packed, but we didn't have any issues with the security in our area and it was very peaceful. I really don't understand the concerns about the water in front of the cabanas as the area is not roped of - not sure why people think that is an exclusive area.

I've never rented a cabana at Mahogany Bay but I have several times at HMC. Once we had 8 people, once we had 7. It was no problem at all. The chairlift wasn't an issue at HMC but I believe the shore excursions desk said it would be $50 per extra adult which I didn't understand the reasoning behind so we just booked for four and honestly we were in and out of the cabana all day and nobody with Carnival seemed to care.

This was our favourite shore excursion of our February trip this year. The beach is lovely, the private amenities (air conditioned cabana, misted hammock under a pergola, padded lounge chairs looking out to the ocean) wonderful.

It's a private stretch of beach, but people wander up from the water. The security patrol on the day we were there was great at shepherding people back off the private area, but a few broke through to ask how they could rent a piece of the beach like ours. Not that many and it wasn't really a big deal for us.

There were only three of us, but I believe they do have an upcharge for more - $40 rings a bell?

Food is not included, but a dedicated waiter walks up and down the private part of this beach, taking orders for Fat Tuesday's. The drinks were good and the chicken tenders quickly claimed by our granddaughter who didn't want to share them with us. I snuck a bite and they were also good.

We were among the last to leave and it was well after 3 p.m. We didn't feel rushed.

I would totally do this excursion again.

• 5 months later...