What does everyone think about this?

DeRon

Why would you make this a Princess post - it has nothing to do with Princess!:confused:

BECAUSE! I want to know what Princess people think about it! Ha! Lighten up...this is just a Board!

We are just of the Tahitian Princess and she is our new favorite ship...we hope to sample some of the other princess small ship itineraries in the coming years. As for the oasis...I cannot begin to imagine the crowding and lines on such a megaship!

I'm gravitating toward smaller ships. The ambience and crew-passenger interaction is superior.

Oasis is sure to please many, and I can't say that I wouldn't like to spend a day aboard. But I've had the same impression about RCL Voyager class ships and I've not gone on any of them yet...

In my experience and opinion, the experience declines on ships >100,000GT.

Why would you make this a Princess post - it has nothing to do with Princess!:confused:

I think the poster of the Oasis ship has a right to talk about another ship on the Princess board. I think if your a cruise lover, you have a interest in all new ships, anyhow I do. It looks like one fantastic ship if you like huge, but I believe I will stick with the smaller ships. I think all things in life can reach the point of "over kill."

I think the poster of the Oasis ship has a right to talk about another ship on the Princess board. I think if your a cruise lover, you have a interest in all new ships, anyhow I do. It looks like one fantastic ship if you like huge, but I believe I will stick with the smaller ships. I think all things in life can reach the point of "over kill."
I disagree. This is a topic either for the RCL board or the FloatAway Lounge.

This ship design is what gives big ships the bad wrap as "floating hotels". The video could just as well describe some hotels in major cities (mostly Marriot). Where's the romance of the seas in looking at a central mall?

And can you really imagine all those passengers using those little windy pathways? It doesn't sound pleasant to me.

This wouldn't be the ship for me! Just looking at the pictures it feels like vacationing in the middle of the city. Just seems too big to me.

Interesting post - I had no idea that someone was building a ship that large. Hope Princess doesn't follow suit.

In the future, I will be very careful when I book a cruise to insure that I won't be in the same port with this ship on any given day. A more appropriate name for this ship would be Monstrosity of the Seas!

I disagree. I think Princess will follow suit as the company has on all past decisions. It was not that long ago that the original love boat, the Pacific Princess was sailing at a weight of 20636 and a guest capacity of 646. Now the latest ships such as the Caribbean Princess are being built at a weight of 116,000 tons and a capacity of over 3100 people. If RCCL is successful you can bet Princess will follow their lead.

It is a shame that so many people are being so critical when no one really knows what it would be like to sail on it. We have sailed on large and small ships and have found that we personally prefer the larger ones with greater choices in restaurants, bars and entertainment. I would love to give this one a try, but I bet it never comes to our part of the world:rolleyes:

Why should the poster NOT ask Princess cruisers what they think of this RC monstrosity:confused: It was a simple, non-offensive question but, as usual, there is always someone ready to 'pounce' - they must spend their time prowling all the boards looking for something, supposedly, out of place.

The way the world is going at the moment, I think a lot of cruiselines will either have to hike their prices way up from where they are at the moment or go out of business. However much fuel will it take to sail one of these mega mega liners. UK stock market is reported today to have gone to a 'bear' market which is usually a sure sign of imminent recession:eek: - so a lot of people's cruising days might be numbered.

It is a shame that so many people are being so critical when no one really knows what it would be like to sail on it. We have sailed on large and small ships and have found that we personally prefer the larger ones with greater choices in restaurants, bars and entertainment. I would love to give this one a try, but I bet it never comes to our part of the world:rolleyes:

Bookings open Sept 3, 2008. 1st sailing is Dec 12, 2009. Eastern Carribean. Home port is Port Everglades. ;)

I certainly would not want to be in port along with this monster...:)

it is of everyone's interest what the industry is planning next. While intriguing and certainly spectacular, this ship does NOT entice me. I agree that they have removed all resemblance to a ship. Apparently RCCL has not seen Wall E. This new ship might as well be the Axiom. (Rather boring movie, by the way, but the cruise ship digs were amusing).

I, too, would not want to be in port with it. I am less worried about deck chairs, since the one thing it did not show was a pool. With all the "open to the sky" malls, where would they put it?

I will stick with Princess. I would rather not pay for RCCL's shopping malls on my cruise.

I disagree. I think Princess will follow suit as the company has on all past decisions. It was not that long ago that the original love boat, the Pacific Princess was sailing at a weight of 20636 and a guest capacity of 646. Now the latest ships such as the Caribbean Princess are being built at a weight of 116,000 tons and a capacity of over 3100 people. If RCCL is successful you can bet Princess will follow their lead.

Doesn't look like Princess will be following suite any time soon

http://www.worldofcruisingmagazine.com/id-16025/new_ships_on_the_horizon.html

Archived