San Francisco parking

lbfluffy

Does anybody have any suggestions on inexpensive parking near the pier for our cruise that leaves out of San Francisco. Hotels are very expensive. I don't think that is an option for us. We are about 2 to 3 hours away from San Francisco so we will be driving the morning of our cruise. I am just concerned about the rush-hour traffic on a Monday morning.

"Inexpensive" "parking" and San Francisco can't be put in the same sentence.

A quick search reveals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306265&highlight=parking

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2194291&highlight=parking

and a few others.

I know all so pricey. Even outside of San Francisco pricey!

Here is what I found. Not inexpensive but close. Otherwise long term parking at SFO, and take uber or cab to port. Good luck! Have a good trip.

Welcome to San Francisco’s finest Cruise Ship Parking Facility -55 Francisco

55 Francisco Parking GarageAce Parking Management, Inc. and Airport Parking Connection is proud to bring you a brand new cruise parking booking system!

Cruise rates are:

$18 per calendar day for compact vehicles

$28 per calendar day for full-sized, vans, trucks and SUVs (Any vehicle that is 16ft+ in Length or 6.5ft+ in Height). Not sure..check Edmunds.

$2.00 convenience fee per reservation.

We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.

Save time and guarantee your parking space today!

Here at 55 Francisco we offer you:

Top Shelf Customer Service

Convenient and affordable cruise ship parking in San Francisco

Valet assisted parking after 10:00 am

Secured and covered parking

Please note that this discounted rate, does not include in and out privileges

I do not mean to be nasty but many of us answered this question when you posted it in a thread in March. The above option are the best you can hope for in the city itself. As pointed out the only lower priced parking options would be at one of the airports SFO or Oak and then BART or uber to the pier.

Another point is that you may want to add more time to your drive in on a Mon AM. If you are coming from Los Banos a perfect non commute drive would be 2+ hours and the likelihood of that on a Mon is not good. Do not know if you plan on the Pacheco or the Altamont but both passes can have major delays at commute time.

Your best option time and price wise may still be to come over the hill on Sunday,stay near the airport at a park and stay hotel and then BART it to the city. The walk from Embarcadero to pier 27 is easy and pleasant or if walking is a problem grab a cab to the pier. Be prepared for traffic even to get to the pier as this is San Francisco and roads are always jammed downtown.

If you get checked in early enjoy lunch on the ship or drop off your luggage and dine in the City.

You just have to accept that parking is a cruise expense and be glad you can cruise without flying.

I do not mean to be nasty but many of us answered this question when you posted it in a thread in March. The above option are the best you can hope for in the city itself. As pointed out the only lower priced parking options would be at one of the airports SFO or Oak and then BART or uber to the pier.

Another point is that you may want to add more time to your drive in on a Mon AM. If you are coming from Los Banos a perfect non commute drive would be 2+ hours and the likelihood of that on a Mon is not good. Do not know if you plan on the Pacheco or the Altamont but both passes can have major delays at commute time.

Your best option time and price wise may still be to come over the hill on Sunday,stay near the airport at a park and stay hotel and then BART it to the city. The walk from Embarcadero to pier 27 is easy and pleasant or if walking is a problem grab a cab to the pier. Be prepared for traffic even to get to the pier as this is San Francisco and roads are always jammed downtown.

If you get checked in early enjoy lunch on the ship or drop off your luggage and dine in the City.

You just have to accept that parking is a cruise expense and be glad you can cruise without

flying.

Our last cruise 10 years ago, my parents dropped us off and picked us up. They lived in San Jose. Sadly they both passed away. My husband says we should get one of our two adult kids to drive us, but my daughter is teaching summer school and my boy i just don't want him driving that far away. As far as luggage, I know I'll have a lot and I had recent shoulder surgery and I do not want to pull my luggage too far. My husband will help as best as he can, but he has his luggage.

I think the pier parking is our best option. I just dread the rush hour traffic. I think we will take the pass. I'm wondering if we leave at 8 am maybe everyone will be at work by the time we hit the Bay Area.

We have never used uber. Are they small cars?

Thanks for your suggestions just trying to find the best option. I know parking isn't cheap!!!