Does MSC offer a cruise shuttle in Marseille?

soccerbaseballmom

Hi all,

We are sailing the Seaview next summer and will be spending a day in Marseille. As I have been researching the port, I have found that I have the option of either taking a taxi or a shuttle from the cruise port to the Old Port. It seems that these shuttles are run by the specific cruise lines. Therefore, I am posting here, and not on the Ports of Call thread. Does MSC offer a shuttle like this? If so, does anyone know anything about it? How much it costs? How long it takes?

Thank you in advance for any advice!:)

Yes they do. it costs 15,50€ for adults, 9,9€ for kids. it takes around 20 minutes and drops you off at vieux port, near galerie lafayette. It is not the cheapest, but probably the most comfortable option, that safes a lot of time.

There is also a free shuttle, (20 minutes on foot away from the ship) going to Joliette, which is in walkable distance from the old harbour.

a Taxi is about 20 € one way. Last option (on days when the shuttle is not in operation) is the public bus.

Yes they do. it costs 15,50€ for adults, 9,9€ for kids. it takes around 20 minutes and drops you off at vieux port, near galerie lafayette. It is not the cheapest, but probably the most comfortable option, that safes a lot of time.

There is also a free shuttle, (20 minutes on foot away from the ship) going to Joliette, which is in walkable distance from the old harbour.

a Taxi is about 20 € one way. Last option (on days when the shuttle is not in operation) is the public bus

The public bus runs quite frequently, but it is not a short walk from the ship.

The free shuttle is great, but it runs not every day. We have been two times in Marseille with a MSC ship, one time it was running (Saturday), the other day not (don´t remember the weekday).

Marseille is the harbour in the Mediterranea where the MSC Shuttle is really a good option.

We took the free public port shuttle in Marseilles when we sailed on the Preziosa 2 years ago. The walk is far.

Here is my video of the experience.

[YOUTUBE]o6kf_QSX7JQ[/YOUTUBE]

This Dec, when we visited Marseilles again on the MSC Meraviglia, we took a taxi to Aix-En-Provence instead.

Lunch on Embarkation Day

It was lunch time! YC guests have a dedicated restaurant. When we sailed on the MSC Preziosa, the YC restaurant was located at the aft of the ship, while the rest of the Yacht Club was at the front of the ship. Hence, walking to the YC restaurant on the Preziosa took a while. On the Meraviglia, all the YC restaurant is now located together with all the YC facilities, making it truly a ship within a ship. Our cabin was on deck 15. Concierge and Top Sail lounge on Deck 16. There is no Deck 17. Deck 18 is the YC restaurant and Deck 19 the pool deck. There is an internal lift serving Decks 14 to 19.

We headed to the restaurant, and we were seated at a corner of the restaurant, and there we sat for the next 7 Nights. For dinner, we were always served by the same waiter. For breakfast and lunch, the waiter could be different.

It was a sit-down lunch. Drinks (wine, beer etc) were also available. Here are some photos of the food. This was the Ahi Tuna, one of the starters.

2w6i8eh.jpg

This was some beef.

iyecg5.jpg

And this was one of the desserts, carrot cake. Check out the cute carrot on top of the cake.

1zpk1eu.jpg

I don't recall the YC restaurant being crowded at all. We got our food quickly. After lunch, we headed to the Top Sail lounge for coffee and drinks, and there more finger food was waiting for us. There would be plenty to eat and drink on this cruise.

25ui3co.jpg

Here is a video of the lunch we had when we embarked at Genoa, followed by some footage from the Top Sail lounge. As the weather outside was raining and windy, we were informed that the YC pool deck was closed. Otherwise, there would be a buffet spread there too.

IWSs2hzg2-Q

This picture shows you the complimentary cocktails. More than enough for me! In fact, I didn't get the chance to try all. I liked the Long Island Iced Tea. Rather potent. You could ask for any cocktail, without the alcohol. Good fun for the kids, as they could choose any cocktail they liked, sans the alcohol.

o0pkbp.jpg

In this video, I do a quite run-through of the drinks list in the Top Sail Lounge of the MSC Meraviglia. Oh, too much to drink!

tiVfmfJlTRQ

a Taxi is about 20 € one way. Last option (on days when the shuttle is not in operation) is the public bus.

Thank you for your reply. Is this cost one way? If it is, nothing to think about for 4 of us. Taxi seems the way to go.

• 8 months later...

Do you recall the ages for the kid's price? thanks.