Gift Card Dilemma

So curious on others opinions on what to do here.....

Since AARP no longer sells the egift cards, I moved over to Allstate to get a couple of the $100 cards so I can buy bottles for my room. But Allstate only has the $500 cards as e-gift cards right now. The cost for the bottles is under $250, so I don't necessarily need a $500 card. Problem is my cruise leaves next week so I have to get everything ordered this week.

Should I wait it out and keep checking to see if any $100 e-gift cards become available? Buy the $500 and just hope I use the remainder on the ship somehow? Or scrap the whole gift card thing and just pay out of pocket at this point? I don't know of any other ways to get the discounted cards other than allstate or aarp.

They still sell the egift cards but they run out and are back within a day or two. This happened to me before I sailed on the 28th. A week or so out I decided to buy some gift cards to pay for some onboard dining

, Gratuties etc and I opted to wait and see if they've back. They came back the next day! I figured I'd they didn't come back oh well I just add my cc at boarding. No big deal. They did and were instantly emailed.

They still sell the egift cards but they run out and are back within a day or two. This happened to me before I sailed on the 28th. A week or so out I decided to buy some gift cards to pay for some onboard dining

, Gratuties etc and I opted to wait and see if they've back. They came back the next day! I figured I'd they didn't come back oh well I just add my cc at boarding. No big deal. They did and were instantly emailed.

Thanks! That gives me less anxiety about waiting a few days to see what happens.

Can you explain what benefit there is to purchasing a gift card from aarp or Allstate?

Its 10% off face value of the gift cards. free money!!! You have to earn points from AARP or Allstate first and that can be done in just a few minutes. 1000 points and $90 will get you a $100 carnival gift card and 5000 points and $450 will get you a $500 carnival gift card. you dont have to be a paying member of AARP or a Allstate customer to earn points either.

Its 10% off face value of the gift cards. free money!!! You have to earn points from AARP or Allstate first and that can be done in just a few minutes. 1000 points and $90 will get you a $100 carnival gift card and 5000 points and $450 will get you a $500 carnival gift card. you dont have to be a paying member of AARP or a Allstate customer to earn points either.

Wow, that's great. Have to check it out.

How do you do the Allstate cards without being a customer?
Do a search on the general Carnival boards using Allstate as your search word. Various threads will come up and some of them will have specific details to accomplish what you want.

I haven't done Allstate Rewards Gift Cards for awhile, so I signed on today to look, and they have the physical $100 and $500 cards. Do they still sell ecards and they are just out of them? If they still sell the ecards, I might go back to them, since AARP is just the Physical Cards now.

I have purchased several ecards from aarp but never physical cards. Has anyone had problems with physical cards other than the anxiety of having to wait on snail mail?

I've ordered them frequently in the past several years-both from Verizon Wireless (no longer offered), and AARP. I never had any problems with the mailed cards.

I ordered two $100 cards last month--never received them in the mail. I called 3-4 times--after 10 days I could file a claim--ended up getting a refund to my credit card.

The customer service during this process was outstanding.

I ordered two this past Saturday--hopefully there will be no issues.

I have purchased several ecards from aarp but never physical cards. Has anyone had problems with physical cards other than the anxiety of having to wait on snail mail?
I had to a few years ago. No real problem, just had to be home to sign for them with UPS. I am currently waiting for a package now, I ordered late last week, and it hasn't shipped yet. Hard for those of us used to getting them emailed!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app