New Year's Eve cruise

CruiseMomTX

So tell me all about a New Year's Eve cruise! We are sailing on the Breeze leaving on Dec 31st, this is our first New Years cruise and know it will be crazy full of people/kids but what else can we expect? We are taking our kids so no big deal. Will they change the first formal night to embarkation or leave it the second night? Does anyone take things to decorate or celebrate with? Will the Christmas decorations still be up? Will there be a special menu in the MDR and if so does anyone have a pic of it? We are planning to make reservations in the steakhouse the first night. Any other thought/input welcome as we are very excited! Well the hubby and I are the kids wont find out until a week before we leave when they open their presents Christmas morning!!! I think I will print their boarding passes and wrap up like a present, boy will they be surprised!

We've cruised over New Years.... But never left New Years eve, I would imagine they will have a deck party to bring in the New Year. The formal night will not be your embark day....Luggage issues still going on. Many people bring decorations...whether it be for a birthday, anniversary, family gathering or Holiday celebration. You will see them throughout the ship when you walk the cabin hallways. 50/50 on xmas decorations still being up. We just cruised over Thanksgiving and there really wasn't a special menu other than Tom Turkey being a menu entree and a seasonal dessert. You guys will have a blast. Breeze is my favorite ship!!

We have sailed on two NYE cruises, the Breeze and the Pride, loved both. There will be big party that night out on deft and grand atrium. Like Times Square in the Caribbean....loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have sailed on two NYE cruises, the Breeze and the Pride, loved both. There will be big party that night out on deft and grand atrium. Like Times Square in the Caribbean....loved it.

Jimbo are they still offering the free champagne ?

Nice!! I’m super excited now! Thanks [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice!! I’m super excited now! Thanks [emoji6]

You will have a blast, far exceeded my expectations. If you want to see video my last review of the Pride (7/9/17) someone has asked and I posted video from the last Pride cruise which was last NYE.

You will have a blast, far exceeded my expectations. If you want to see video my last review of the Pride (7/9/17) someone has asked and I posted video from the last Pride cruise which was last NYE.

Ok cool I’m going to check it out thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on our third NYE cruise leaving on the 28th. They are so much fun! I do not think they are anymore wild than a normal cruise; however, people do party pretty late on NYE. What we found is that the excursions on the first are not full - many people miss. The first one, we were in Bonaire on the 1st. Should have been a full catamaran but ended up being me, my husband, and one other couple. It was great, but many people lost out on their deposit. I think after that wild night, it is pretty tame. The fireworks we saw in Aruba and over the ABC's was one of my best memories of NYE ever. You are going to have so, so much fun!

We are going on our third NYE cruise leaving on the 28th. They are so much fun! I do not think they are anymore wild than a normal cruise; however, people do party pretty late on NYE. What we found is that the excursions on the first are not full - many people miss. The first one, we were in Bonaire on the 1st. Should have been a full catamaran but ended up being me, my husband, and one other couple. It was great, but many people lost out on their deposit. I think after that wild night, it is pretty tame. The fireworks we saw in Aruba and over the ABC's was one of my best memories of NYE ever. You are going to have so, so much fun!

We leave on the 31st and the 1st will be a sea day for everyone to recover, lol, before porting in Key West. I'm just as excited to go as I am to see the surprise on our kids faces when they open their Christmas presents and find out they are going on a cruise with only a weeks notice! They have no idea.

I've cruised on NYE twice. It is a blast. There was free champagne when we got onboard, and free champagne the night of the actual party. They give you party hats at dinner. There is an indoor lobby party and a Lido deck party. I've only gone to the Lido Deck parties. They are pretty fun. Carnival really knows how to make these events memorable. Trying looking on Youtube for NYE Carnival Cruise Parties