Hotel recommendations for either LA port which Walmart or Target convenient.

Tampa Girl

We are booked on HAL's September 2018 Grand Asia, and apparently HAL usually uses San Pedro rather than Long Beach. Hence, I am looking at both San Pedro or Long beach. We want to be a short distance from either a Walmart of Target in order to stock up on toiletries that either cannot be shipped or be carried on board. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel in either port; or, alternatively, another location between LAX and the ports, ie. Redondo Beach?

There is a Target and a Walmart at the Del Amo mall in Torrance, but there is also a Target at 1701 N Gaffey St. about 1 mile north of the cruise ship pier in San Pedro. You could Uber or cab there from the pier.

Perfect! Thanks so much for the info. We can drop the carry on bags with the porters and go off shopping before boarding.

Closest seems to be Carson. There are other Walmarts in Long Beach and Torrance. No one but a local can tell where one city ends and another begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That Walmart is no longer there. It's been gone for quite awhile

Good local knowledge input - that's the danger of relying on dated knowledge from an occasional visit to the area

Regarding a hotel - have a look at Doubletree by Hilton, SanPedro at 2800 Via Cabrillo Marina - I've seen it recommended by a number of people on CC and its an easy walk to the San Pedro cruise terminal - you'll need to check on Google Maps for distance to Target or Walmart