Clothing for Med cruise early October

We are sailing on the Explorer ( first time with Regent) from Rome to Venice in early October. We will be in Florence, Amalfi,

Sicily, Corfu, Croatia and Venice. Just wondering if someone could give advice on what we might expect for weather and what type of clothing for our excursions. Are jeans acceptable for cooler days?

Thank you

And, you would need to change into slacks (or a dress or a skirt and top) after 6:00 p.m - regardless of the weather

Just a note about jeans...... while they are certainly permissible during the day, they are so heavy to wear and to pack. In all of our cruises (38), we have never packed jeans for that reason. For us, the lighter the suitcases the better. My DH wears Dockers during the day (or shorts - depending upon the weather) and I wear what used to be called pedal pushers or cotton pants during the day. They are light to pack and comfortable to wear. The ship is air conditioned (thankfully) so it doesn't really matter what you wear at night as long as you are following the dress code.

The dining venues are on the cool side when they open at 6:30 p.m. but get quite warm (73-75) once it fills up. So, if you tend to be cool or if air conditioning is too much for you, I'd pack a shawl or pashmina.

Edited by Travelcat2

Off the ship be prepared to layer clothing because weather can really be all over the place in places such as Venice and Sicily that time of year. I have done a similar cruise that time of year.

We had a back to back cruise and enjoyed three consecutive days in Venice. First day chilly and I thought I was in Alaska. It was overcast and windy and some early rain. Next day more moderate temperatures with a light jacket in the morning and long pants. Last day sunny and no jacket and shorts would have been fine or very light pants.

So the key is to be prepared.

I would suggest a waterproof jacket with hood. Maybe you'll need it. Maybe you won't.

Corfu and Croatia likely warmer but again it's weather so you never know for sure.

It is a great time of the year to visit. You won't have the hot and humid weather and the crowds that you see in the summer. Venice will still be busy but that is Venice.

And back to Venice you might find that the tides have risen this time of year. Streets by St. Marks Square might not be flooded but you might find it wet so wear something that can get wet and not be an issue for you.

Have a great time.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are on the same cruise in October. I’m planning on layers for sure and will probably throw in a pair of shorts. Rain jacket too. Can’t count on previous weather history anymore!

I’m really looking forward to the cruise as we had to cancel a similar one last year just theee days before departure due to family emergency. I have been planning this trip for about 20 months now! It is our first Regent cruise. Our main concern is that we still haven’t been assigned our Concierge Suite yet. We have a guaranteed suite, but it makes my husband very nervous.