Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:32 PM.
California
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Just joined Cruise Critic, have cruised 4 times, and am in the 55+ group. Hubby LOVES to cruise, and I'm good with it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Miracle Christmas 2017
Carnival Miracle New Year 2017
Carnival Inspiration June 2016
Carnival Miracle Christmas 2015

Carnival Miracle Christmas 2013

Carnival Splendor Christmas 2009
Carnival Elation Christmas 2008
San Antonio
576 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
Welcome aboard? So much to learn, and contribute for others. :-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Spring 1950. Standard Fruit - Contessa
05-07-2000 Ryndam
12-08-2013 Navigator of the Seas
05-04-2014 Navigator of the Seas
11-09-2014 Navigator of the Seas
05-24-2015 Navigator of the Seas

North Texas
1,039 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
OMG - I was already 5 years past when this original post was started! Now after 28 cruises (ocean and river cruises) with two more booked, I have decided to read through these "aged" threads" to see what I might have missed and to seek out the good advice for our future cruises.
My wife and I are really fortunate and blessed to have our health and the resources to travel a little at our "advancing age," as occasionally referenced by our youngest son!

Many Cruise Critic folks of all ages have already significantly enlightened our lives since we began following the posts on various subjects and we have made many wonderful acquaintances aboard ships.
2 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by copnlpn2
Morning all!

I never mind being a "senior citizen" (56) but I sure hate being CALLED one! Isn't there some other, more accurate and complimentary "title" for us? I don't know about all of you, but I'm still very active, very healthy and very far from a rocking chair!
Cindy,

I have always liked 'Age Challenged'
Westbury, New York
100 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
we are planning a cruise from bangkok to shanhai. we are concerned about the long flight.
We did some research and looking at an Emerites flight from Ft. Lauderdale, FL changing planes in Dubai then on to Bangkok. Does any one have experience with this flight.....specifically it is a change of planes in Dubai. 3 hour layover. Easy?
Perth, Western Australia
986 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Originally posted by upgrayders
we are planning a cruise from bangkok to shanhai. we are concerned about the long flight.
We did some research and looking at an Emerites flight from Ft. Lauderdale, FL changing planes in Dubai then on to Bangkok. Does any one have experience with this flight.....specifically it is a change of planes in Dubai. 3 hour layover. Easy?
This is the wrong place to ask this sort of question, but I was trolling the boards.
We fly Emirates often. Cabin crew are from all over the world, including the UK. Service is excellent. Dubai Airport is fantastic. There is lots to see and many eating places with different cuisines. The route you describe is pretty direct, so if the price is right, go for it. Hapoy travels.
Jericho, New York
5,819 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
My DH and I are proud that we are growing "old" together- Unfortunately, some people postpone doing things and never live to enjoy. We are over 55 and enjoy our grandchildren and enjoy cruising with family and just together! We have been on almost 50 cruises and our preferred lines are Celebrity and Royal.

Will be fun to talk to likeminded people!