Pearl Problems...not sure what else to do.

Molly2484

We are currently on the Pearl. Day three of a 9 night sail. A beverage package was purchased and we can’t get answers from NCL. They said here at the service desk that they have faxed paperwork to shore and are waiting for a response. A person in our party went to the front desk and asked this morning if there were any updates and was told he doesn’t need to check in when they hear they will tell him end of story. We can’t get any answers from anyone and it’s not been a fun experience at all. I️ tried calling their main number today but they are saying nothing is there from the ships end. Does anyone have any clue as to what we can do next? It’s our first NCL cruise and so far the experience has been abysmal at the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I️ just wanted to add a few notes about the experience. There are two rooms. One for my party and one with my parents and a sibling. They are the ones having the beverage issues. We’ve had a few things (room service didn’t take our tag and then didn’t show up in the morning, a drink was spilled and a crew member asked me to go get a towel to wipe it up, it took an hour and a half for someone to come and change a sofa bed back). Our problems are minor in comparison but I️ think they are worth noting. I️ feel bad for my parents. This is a celebration cruise for myself and I’d heard so many good things about the service aboard NCL so it’s been disappointing to have these problems. I️ missed our meetup yesterday while trying to get this straightened out. If anyone has any suggestions I’m open to them.

If you booked through a travel agent, have them send you a copy of the amenities sheet which should show the beverage package. That might help.

I would also call the hotel director. I would say after three days, it’s time to escalate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently on the Pearl. Day three of a 9 night sail. A beverage package was purchased and we can’t get answers from NCL. They said here at the service desk that they have faxed paperwork to shore and are waiting for a response. A person in our party went to the front desk and asked this morning if there were any updates and was told he doesn’t need to check in when they hear they will tell him end of story. We can’t get any answers from anyone and it’s not been a fun experience at all. I️ tried calling their main number today but they are saying nothing is there from the ships end. Does anyone have any clue as to what we can do next? It’s our first NCL cruise and so far the experience has been abysmal at the best.

You said you purchased the package. Did you get a confirmation email at time of purchasing it from NCL? Did you see the charge on your credit card? If you have access to the internet, maybe you could supply the ship with the above.

You said you purchased the package. Did you get a confirmation email at time of purchasing it from NCL? Did you see the charge on your credit card? If you have access to the internet, maybe you could supply the ship with the above.

I agree with NLH Arizona. Whomever purchased the drink(s) package, should have a credit card charge that showed-up, at the time, on their credit card. Additionally, an appropriate (NCL) code should have been showing on the reservation of said passenger(s). An amenities invoice should have been sent as well! Without any of those things to back-up your claim, NCL has no true obligation to provide what appears to them as an unbooked amenity (without payment).

For others (new cruisers), this should serve as a valuable lesson... Be sure to verify that your reservation states any and all items you believe you should be entitled to, before you make final payment. Or, upon receipt of reservation details, if you make a "last minute" booking)!

Great idea if you can get the credit card copy off the internet. Even a copy of the statement showing the charge would be helpful to print out (or show on a smartphone).

**sorry ggTexasgal, must have been typing at the same time.

Plus 1. Just show them the e-mail or the charges page for your credit card, which you get from your account over the internet. Ask to speak directly to the hotel manager onboard.

If you prepaid it, it should have shown up on your NCL reservation page. You also would have gotten a confirmation email showing the purchase.

It should be easy to prove you purchased it.

I always print out my confirmations for everything I purchase from NCL, just to make sure If you already have this info to prove that you purchased it, then I would escalate big time.

Good luck and try to enjoy your cruise

They are into day 3 of their cruise. This sounds like a major hassle. If you haven't been charged for the packages...go ahead and buy it now for the remainder of your cruise. Dispute this with your credit card company when you get home. Then....vacation! Enjoy!

If this is what happened, your parents booked the room and got the drinks package as a perk. The third person in that room thought they bought the drinks package separately.

If through travel agent, maybe they did not do the extra person. If done through NCL website, maybe it worked and maybe not. It would be nice to know the specific way it was done.

In all cases, could you discuss with service desk that this person would be willing to buy the drink package now to use it the rest of the trip. If they then discovered that it was already purchased, then that original purchase can be refunded.

They get to drink, and the problem will be worked out later.

Hope it works out for you.

This happened to us once. The service desk told us to just purchase the drinks until it could be cleared up. It took 2 or 3 days to get it cleared up but once it was all the drinks were taken off the bill. Sorry this is happening to you. I hope your trip is great from here on out. We have never been on the Pearl but have it booked in 2 weeks. We love NCL and hope you will too.