Cruise Food Sucks.

leeshajoy

I have never had a bad meal on any of my cruises. I always eat dinner in the dinning room and each and every meal was perfect. If I ordered something that I did not like because I was trying something new, the waiter would get me what ever I wanted. If you are someone who does not want to do the dinning room and eat every meal at the buffet then you are going to get standard food.

• 3 weeks later...
We just got back from our honeymoon on RCCL and the food was HORRIBLE. To us it was airplane quality crap. Someone else aboard commented it was prison quality.

Is there a cruiseline with QUALITY food?

Yes, there is a cruiseline with superior food! Oceania Cruiseline has magnificent food on all of their ships! And, you don't have to go to Specialty restaurants to get it! The dining room and buffet stations serve gourmet food, all the time!!!!!

Sandy....[emoji485][emoji907][emoji485]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Sandybea

Give me a break! what do you eat at home. I doubt that it is gourmet fare. Perhaps you are used to Kraft Dinner and Weenies, so real food doesn't appeal to you. Not all the food is wonderful, but considering the numbers they are feeding, it's very good. The attitude you arrive with on a ship will very much determine your satisfaction level.

I had to read where you are from. When I saw Canada, that explained it. I was born in Montreal and always call the food you are referring to "Kraft dinner". Here in the states, it is simply referred to as macaroni and cheese. Your post made me think of "home".:):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why would someone want to hang around and be chastised and/or insulted for their opinion? Some of you people are having a hard time responding to the OP's comments in an appropriate and courteous manner. The food is one reason I cruise and if the food is bad the entire cruise is "tainted." I hope I never have to sit at the same table as some of you posters, you must all live on 5th Avenue or Beverly Hills and if others don't live there...well, we're apparently not good enough company for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we're foodies as well...and we love the food so far on the RCCL ships we've taken. One old one (can't remember the name), Navigator, and the Enchantment. NO complaints and I was actually very impressed with most of our food. I liked the buffet too...I loaded up on fresh fruits and sometimes custom made waffles and one morning crepes suzette....yummmmm. Made to order sandwiches, a wonderful waldorf salad was a mainstay, and mini sandwiches and cream puffs just to name some favorites on the buffet. For dinner I had nice lobster, wonderful salmon dishes, good chicken one night stuffed with crab meat, a chef salad when I felt the need for something lighter...all served in seven course style with all of the wonderful courses we "oohhhed" and "ahhhed" as they arrived...beautiful and delish! Yes we go out to dinner alot and YES we love good food, and yes it CAN be found on RCCL.

I'm sorry but the only wrong thing about "letting it die" is that someone who has not cruised RCCL before may get the idea ALL the food is bad. It's just not true!

I had similar food that year I spent in prison. I got soooooo tired of Waldorf salads every day for lunch. The the Sauvignon Blanc was cold...not slightly chilled. Prison food is the worst.

• 10 months later...

I have been on Royal, Celebrity, Holland and will be on first prices cruise in July. Yes Holland had the best food - but all were good - yes there were items I didn't like but one of the good things - you can order something different and no server gets upset. There have also been some WOW things for me and when I asked the waiter - he was able to get for me again. Over all I am happy with all the meals - Coffee at buffet is rather week - but I suffer thru till the coffee place opens