Passport Question

raz455

Quick questions for this group of very knowledgeable cruisers: My passport expires in June, 2018. We are going on an 11 day cruise this December. Does the "passport must not expire within 6 months of travel" come into play? Thank you in advance for your answers!

Happy cruising!!

When does your cruise leave? Dec. what to what? Or do you return well into Jan? What does your cruise line say .... is the 6 month rule your cruise line policy? Call them and re-affirm.

Easiest approach? Renew your passport. There is plenty of time now and it'll be done and over with and ready for any future travels.

When does your cruise leave? Dec. what to what? Or do you return well into Jan? What does your cruise line say .... is the 6 month rule your cruise line policy? Call them and re-affirm.

Easiest approach? Renew your passport. There is plenty of time now and it'll be done and over with and ready for any future travels.

We leave from Ft Lauderdale on December 17 for 11 days. I did not see it on their website - I will take your advice and call them. Thank you for your help!

We leave from Ft Lauderdale on December 17 for 11 days. I did not see it on their website - I will take your advice and call them. Thank you for your help!

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp (under 'Travel Document Requirments')

Document Requirements for US and Canadian Passport Holders

A valid passport is required for all international itineraries including Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, India, Central and South America, South Pacific, Tahiti and World Cruises. Although US and Canadian passport holders are not currently required to sail with a passport on most domestic itineraries (including Alaska, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico and Panama Canal), Princess highly recommends they are carried.

[...]

Passport validity: Many countries require passports be valid for six months after the completion of your travel. Check your passport to verify it will be valid for this period of time. Please ensure the name on the passport matches the name on the booking. Additionally, make certain that your passport contains blank pages for entry and exit endorsements and any visas that may be required. If necessary, allow sufficient time to renew your passport and/or obtain additional pages. US and Canadian passport holders sailing on a domestic cruise should ensure passports or other travel documents are valid through the completion of travel. There may be occasions where we retain your passport at check-in. This is to ensure that you are not inconvenienced by immigration clearance during your cruise and where face to face inspection is not required. We recommend you bring a second government issued photo ID if you wish to have one with you while in port.

(emphasis mine)

So no need to call them. Likely they will just read some of the above excerpt--or the entire entry you can read on the website--word-for-word back to you. You will be fine as long as your passport is valid through the end of your cruise.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp (under 'Travel Document Requirments')

(emphasis mine)

So no need to call them. Likely they will just read some of the above excerpt--or the entire entry you can read on the website--word-for-word back to you. You will be fine as long as your passport is valid through the end of your cruise.

Yes. US and Canada citizens cruising out of US port to Caribbean can ignore the 6-month rule.

Quick questions for this group of very knowledgeable cruisers: My passport expires in June, 2018. We are going on an 11 day cruise this December. Does the "passport must not expire within 6 months of travel" come into play? Thank you in advance for your answers!

Happy cruising!!

Hi

If you are a uk citizen you can reapply for a new passport and not loose the 6 months left but I think you can only do this within the 6 months to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your help. The brain-trust of this group is amazing. I will now be able to sleep without experiencing the nightmare of being told, at the check-in counter, that I can’t get on the boat because of my passport! (Just hate that dream).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your help. The brain-trust of this group is amazing. I will now be able to sleep without experiencing the nightmare of being told, at the check-in counter, that I can’t get on the boat because of my passport! (Just hate that dream).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is your Washington state drivers license and enhanced license? If so it will work just like a passport for land/sea.

We waited to renew DH's passport until after our Panama Canal cruise in February. It expired in March. We did not want to pay extra to rush the application and weren't sure we had time to send in the renewal between our December cruise and the Panama Canal one.