Chef's Table on Carnival Vista

Keys2Heaven

My wife and I did the Chef's Table on the Conquest last year and loved it. We loved it so much that we wanted to do it again on our upcoming Vista trip.

However, I thought I read that the Chef's Table is now $95/pp!? On the Conquest it was $75/pp.

I just checked Carnival's site and they show a price range for the Chef's Table from $75 - $95 and dress from cruise casual to cruise elegant.

So, is the pricing and dress based on ship?

They changed the price to incorporate a gratuity.......I don't remember seeing anything about a dress code but it's not a big deal to me to dress up a little instead of wearing jeans and a t-shirt. And the Vista has a dedicated Chef's Table venue, it's held in the galley on the larger ships.

Edited by LibratPDX

We booked the Chef's Table on Vista TA. It was incredible! I loved having a glass dining room in the galley. The service was impeccable, the presentations were excellent. The flavors...oh, my!

As far as dress, there were no jeans nor shorts amongst the group the night we dined. Everyone was dressed very nicely - khakis and button down shirts for men and sundresses or capris/slacks with nice tops for women. No one wore a suit.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked chefs table at our cruise in Juli. Is it true that you cant't choose day and the confirmation fra Carnival is 24 hours before cruise starter?

As we are coming from Norway and having 8 days in Florida before cruise. It would be Nice to get the confirmation earlier.

We have booked chefs table at our cruise in Juli. Is it true that you cant't choose day and the confirmation fra Carnival is 24 hours before cruise starter?

As we are coming from Norway and having 8 days in Florida before cruise. It would be Nice to get the confirmation earlier.

You should have gotten a confirmation that you are booked...

As to the day, you wont find out till you are onboard. Go to the steakhouse and ask them. They manage the Chefs Table experience and will want to know if you have any food allergies.

Have a great experience, it was really good food!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We just submitted a request for reservation for our cruise on the Conquest in November . It listed the price as $75 plus an 18% Gratuity. It also states that there is a $25 charge if you cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. What do you do if your reservation is on the first night of the cruise ???

They wont have it on the first night, you will receive a letter in your cabin indicating the day / time...

We just submitted a request for reservation for our cruise on the Conquest in November . It listed the price as $75 plus an 18% Gratuity. It also states that there is a $25 charge if you cancel within 24 hours of the reservation. What do you do if your reservation is on the first night of the cruise ???

• 7 months later...
I believe the price is now $95, but if you booked prior to the increase they will honor the old price of $75...

$95 on the newer ships, $75 on the older ships. Why, because they can. I just received my Conquest confirmation for 3/25 sailing $75.

$95 on the newer ships, $75 on the older ships. Why, because they can. I just received my Conquest confirmation for 3/25 sailing $75.
This is correct. It's $95 for the Dream & Vista class ships, $75 for older ships.

The old vs new menu is not a factor in the price difference, and gratuity has always been included (someone mentioned that as a reason for the price difference). I'm not sure how many nights they currently hold the Chef's Table on the Vista, but when I went (repo cruise) it was held every night except the first night. It was well worth the price. It is truly a unique dining experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...

Okay, a couple of things.... I requested a reservation and when I got the confirmation email it had the embarkation date on it with a time of 6:00 pm. Is this our dining reservation or is that just a "placeholder" of sorts and we get our day/time later? My second question is in regards to duration. The cruiseline says to allow 2.5 hours, however I have read a couple of reviews that said it took 4 hours! What has everyone else's experience been for length of this experience? I don't know if I can handle a 4 hour meal.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Seeing how I'm the OP, couple of things.

1. No, we did not attend the CT on the Vista.

2. We did attend our 2nd CT on the Glory this past April. Same menu as the Conquest back in 2016. We had new cruisers with us and they wanted all the bells and whistles. Took almost 3 hours and was well worth it (again).

3. You don't know the night until you are on the ship. Typically mid-week.

I don't know if I can handle a 4 hour meal.

There are other things involved besides just eating. You get a tour of the galley, a demonstration of the making of the chocolate melting cake ... we had a mini-magic show, and just normal time between courses. It's like an excursion for foodies. :)

Advice, though ... just taste the dishes, don't eat all if them or else you will explode. lol

Hi all. I was on the Vista last September. This was my 3rd chef table experience & by far the best! I would highly recommend attending even with the increase in price. I believe the price was increased to include a tip. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about that.

The chef did tell us that on that particular sailing (8 days) they did a chef table every night including the first.

Hi all. I was on the Vista last September. This was my 3rd chef table experience & by far the best! I would highly recommend attending even with the increase in price. I believe the price was increased to include a tip. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about that.

The chef did tell us that on that particular sailing (8 days) they did a chef table every night including the first.

You're right Shimmy, Carnival will often offer more CT nights if demand is high enough. And, still worth it with the price increase. You simply can't get this experience with a land-based restaurant and the variety of food.