WiFi Packages

rcarrosq

We’re sailing on Royal next week for 10 days and I checked on WiFi packages but the prices are outrageous. Cheapest package is $70 for 2 hours. Has anyone here been on Royal recently and do they ever do a reduced price if you sing up on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do offer a 15 minute package on the last full day...designed for people who just need to do an on line check in for their air. Otherwise the price is best when booked in advance as you get "bonus minutes." Of course, you can always do the "pay as you go," where you pay per minute used. That is much more costly on a "per minute" basis than even a small package.

Depending on where you are cruising, many ports have locations with free or very low cost internet use. Often it is "purchase a beverage, get a wifi code" that is good all day.

We’re sailing on Royal next week for 10 days and I checked on WiFi packages but the prices are outrageous. Cheapest package is $70 for 2 hours. Has anyone here been on Royal recently and do they ever do a reduced price if you sing up on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Royal, Feb 28th. Did not see any lower costs than the pre-purchase costs, except for a last day where you can purchase some mins to print boarding passes.

You can not walk around "connected."

Staff was on board making the ship ready for the MedallionNet, a fast, pay by the day service with 3 levels, but doubt it will be active 10 days from now.