Internet package price drop??

If you buy the internet package before final payment to take advantage of a lowered price, but then cancel your cruise, can you get your money refunded for the Internet package?

Yes, if you cancel (pre or post final payment date) you will automatically get a full refund for all pre-cruise purchases such as dining, internet, excursions, beverage packages, etc.

No grats on VOOM packages. The price for drink packages vary - there's sale this weekend but it may or may apply to your sailing (might be too far out).

So what happens when they do the combo beverage/internet package? Is the gratuity calculated based on the full package price or only the beverage portion? Does the consumer inadvertently pay more with the combo because gratuity is paid on the full price?

Edited by lbrandon

So what happens when they do the combo beverage/internet package? Is the gratuity calculated based on the full package price or only the beverage portion? Does the consumer inadvertently pay more with the combo because gratuity is paid on the full price?

No, the gratuity is calculated based on a portion of the total that gets attributed to the drink package portion of the combo. You can add it to your cart and start checking out and you'll see the amount calculated for gratuity and can confirm it's not 18% on the total amount.

I normally go through a TA, but I have one that I booked directly with Royal for January since it was a BOGO plus OBC. I have received several emails with discounts that I wouldn't normally see from our TA. The email discounted excursions, Internet, drink packages and specialty restaurants if purchased before boarding anywhere from 20 - 30% off, once I paid off the cruise. I selected the internet and excursion through their sale, which was much cheaper than if I booked it along with the cruise. I believeI you can get 10% discount internet packages if you are a Crown & Anchor member on board.

How do you know this? (If it's true I'll start lookib g, but dont see a sale yet)

I just purchased a combined soda package and voom that was on sale. There were also many excursions on sale and deals on the deluxe drink packages.

I'm on the grandeur in March. It may depend on when your cruise is. I know last time they had a sale my cruise wasn't included. Just log into your cruise planned and see if there are any deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you know this? (If it's true I'll start lookib g, but dont see a sale yet)

As previously mentioned, this does not apply to all sailings or at the same level. I have two sailings coming up a month apart - the same excursion is on sale at 10% off on one and at 20% off on the other.