Question about Sir Bani Yas

yra

We are travelling on MSC Splendida in the end of March.

I prebooked a "Sheik Beach Bed" on Sir Bani Yas but I am not sure if it is really worth the cost.

On all YouTube videos you can watch that the island is very windy. So is it nice to spend the whole day at the beach?

And there are other (free?) beach beds, too.

So I'm not sure if 69€ are woth the rental...?!

We are a family of four with two teenie girls. The website sais the beach beds are only for 2 people. Will they really send our girls away from this part of the beach? Or can we bring an airmatress to have them with us....?

I would be happy to get some information bevor leaving...

Yra

I can't comment about whether the Sheikh beach bed is worth it or not. What I would say is that the weather isn't always great. We were there last February and didn't bother getting off the ship as it was very foggy and really not beach weather. I've heard that the stop is often missed on account of the weather there, too (though you would be refunded in those circumstances).

We did stop and get off on our recent cruise, I would say their were at least 24 "cabanas" each with 2 beds only and sides that could be used to either act as a wind barrier or as a sun shade, they only have 2 beds and no room for more, they were checking that people had tickets and anyone who had not paid was asked to leave.

All the beds in the area are wooden no matresses and in my view not that comfortable.

We arrived, sat in the sun a bit, had lunch followed by the jeep safari and back on board.

I dont think they were that popular so you may be able to buy on the day if you want to try one out.

Personally would not bother to book a cabana. We went on the Jeep Safari which was awesome. Enjoyed the buffet lunch afterwards and were able to use our drinks package deal for drinks. The island is great - a lovely beach and the tour was so well organised. We spent about 4 hours ashore and returned to the ship where we were lucky enough to arrive in time for the Snow Party - great fun and so glad we were there.

Hope your plans go well.

Suron

Yra,

Check here for photos. The Sheik beds are sort of cabanas with two beds and a cooler with beverages. I can´t say for sure whether there is some food (maybe fruit) coming with the beds.

There are free sunbeds as well. The Sheik beds have just a fabric on the sides. So there won´t be much protection from wind. When we´ve been there it wasn´t windy at all.

I also can recommend the Jeep Safari. You will see photos of this in the link too.

steamboats

Thank you so much for every information and detail!

I canceled the Beach Bed and wait for the morning of arrival to decide what we are going to do.

The jeep safari would not be ours, I suppose, because four years ago we did a long and woderful safari in Tansania and so we are kind of spoiled concerning african animals ...

Now it's only a month and some days and we leave for Abu Dhabi and the Splendida...