Flight from Fort Lauderdale

PEIslandCruiser

Hi all,

This is my 1st post. My husband and I are cruising with Celebrity in January from the port of Miami. Our cruise is Saturday to Saturday and we are in the process of trying to book flights. There is a flight available the day we arrive back into port at 10:05 a.m. from Fort Lauderdale. If we disembark first thing & take a cab or Uber to the airport is this feasible? We will be flying Air Canada which goes out of terminal 2 at FLL. We will have one bag to check & are seasoned travelers so are very familiar and comfortable with navigating airports. Is this timeline too tight? Has anyone done something similar?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the boards! :D

The trip from POM to FLL takes about 35-45+ minutes. For a 10:05 international flight you need to be at FLL by about 8:00 - which translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 7:00-7:15. It's possible you could make it, but too much of a risk for me. Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

Either find a flight leaving after about noon, or extend your vacation by a day and catch the 10:05 flight the next morning. ;)

"You won't make the flight" - I strongly disagree with that statement.

It's highly likely you would make the flight. However, it IS cutting it closer than you might feel comfortable doing. You can easily be at the airport by 8 - 8:30 if things go smooth and you self-disembark in the initial group - meaning, get up early and line up to be near the front.

It's really not that hard to make this flight providing things go "normal." Things normally do go normal... But you would need to understand that any delays will put you at a high risk of missing the flight. Up to you if you want to take that risk.

You would likely make it, but one bump and you will miss it.

If you can be off the ship and through immigration by 7:15-7:30 am you should be fine. The drive is about 30-45mins.

Can you do that? Probably. But there have been times where the ships are not cleared early enough. Also, one lane closure on I-95 and its over, the drive will take 60-75mins.