Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:11 AM.
Albuquerque
8 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!
102,117 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I am not aware of any groups that sponsor cruises related to diet and weight loss. It's a good idea though.

Some cruise lines have programs on board so that might be something to check out.

Keith
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
1,894 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
You may want to consider a cruise on Celebrity in an Aqua Class Stateroom. You'll have access to Blu which gives you healthier dining options. There is also the Aqua Spa café for breakfast and lunch with healthier dining options.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You aren't going to go to thwart weight loss progress in one week. I try to eat healthy and exercise at home. But when i'm on vacation, i'm on vacation!

Last cruise, I gained 4 pounds - must have been all the pina coladas I ate what I wanted and drank what I wanted and I enjoyed my cruise.

Returned to normal eating and exercise when I returned and the extra pounds were gone within the week.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celebrity Summit - June 27, 2018
Royal Oasis of the Seas - November 13 2016
Celebrity Silhouette- November 15 2015
Celebrity Reflection - November 14 2014
Royal Oasis of the Seas - October 12, 2013
Disney Fantasy - March 2, 2013
Disney Dream - March 13, 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2011
HAL Eurodam - March 19, 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - September 16, 2010
Carnival Dream - March 6, 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstasy - 1991
Wisconsin
131 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by blacklabcaleb
Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Some ideas: You might check the roll calls for the cruises you are considering and see if you can find a partner(s) to plan and meet for meals. Alternatively, although more expensive, would be to connect via internet with your support at home to discuss each day's meal plans. I follow a plant based diet and received a lot of assistance from the dining room supervisor in planning my meals on the Getaway.