Carnival Dream vs. Carnival Valor

CPriest2013

Hi! My hubby is taking me on a cruise next year for my 35th birthday. The ships available for that time frame are Valor and Dream. What are your thoughts? I want us to be able to stay entertained the whole time as well as relaxed since it will be our first vacation without the kids.

Valor has an aft adult pool - I believe Dream does not. I haven't been on that particular ship, but others in her class do not. What I like about the Dream class ships is the outdoor area on deck 5 where you can walk all the way around & there is also seating for watching the ocean.

My husband and I went on a cruise alone for the first time in 20 years back in October. We went on the valor. It was super relaxing but we had a lot of fun. Most days we were out and about but sometimes we spent quiet time either in the cabin or on the side deck by guest services. With it being just the two of us, we moved around without any schedules, had YTD and ate as early or late as we wanted with no wait. The crew on the valor took great care of us and we enjoyed it so much we booked again, a seven day this time, on the freedom. The ship was wonderful, we wanted more days. We love to do the short cruises and the valor is great for that but we mostly enjoy 7 days or more. We are going again for a Thanksgiving day cruise on the valor again for 4 days. Although we love traveling with our teen son and our other family members, it was great being able to reconnect and meet other people and this cruise did it for us. We also asked for a two person table each night in the MDR and got it no problem. We found a great team of waiters the second night and requested their section each night after. We did skip one night as we always do and ate on the lido deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! My hubby is taking me on a cruise next year for my 35th birthday. The ships available for that time frame are Valor and Dream. What are your thoughts? I want us to be able to stay entertained the whole time as well as relaxed since it will be our first vacation without the kids.

Dream by a mile.

Depends on whether you want a week long cruise or a 4/5 day cruise?? Also...I see your cruising on the Breeze later this year.... That is the same class ship as Dream...Alot of similarities

Very well could both be 4-5 day cruises. After Dream goes to Galveston next year she’s going to be doing 4-5 day cruises while valor does 4-5 days out of New Orleans.

Very well could both be 4-5 day cruises. After Dream goes to Galveston next year she’s going to be doing 4-5 day cruises while valor does 4-5 days out of New Orleans.

Thanks...with all the repositioning going on next year....I was thinking Dream was going to Miami...Got confused with Magic

Galveston is going to have 2 large ships....Vista and Dream!