Children on Dawn with Specialty Dining

Gampy1967

We are currently booked in an OS on the Dawn with the SDP for 2. Of course that is just for the first two people. Our granddaughter may also be travelling with us. I thought I read somewhere that there is a non addl cost children's menu available in any of the restaurants (including specialty). Is that really the case or if we went to a specialty restaurant would there be an actual charge for our granddaughter, if she ordered off of the children's menu? I am aware that if she ordered a regular item off of a specialty menu that we would have to pay for it.

Thanks.

Have taken our Grandson on the Dawn twice and Gem once in a suite. All restaurants had a kids menu for him. He loves the fish but we always needed to ask for it to come plain. Never an issue, though on the last trip he did order from the main menu. He was 8 and thought he should try different things not from my plate.

Enjoy the Dawn with your grandchild, making memories.

Yes, children can order off the standard kids menu for no charge, even in the speciality restaurants.

I wouldn't do it at Teppenyaki (although they may allow it), as it would be taking up a seat that someone else could use.

We took our son to Teppenyaki the last time we were on the Dawn. We were offered the kids menu, but they warned us that it would take a while to run up and get the food and bring it back. He was little so we just shared some of our meals with him. Since he was in a high chair they just placed him in the corner so as to not take up any extra space. We didn't take him to any of the other specialty restaurants, but he did well in the regular dining room, even with dinner taking 2+ hours most nights. 1d38f2aa82d176cd9b60364f6bee7485.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yes, children can order off the standard kids menu for no charge, even in the speciality restaurants.

I wouldn't do it at Teppenyaki (although they may allow it), as it would be taking up a seat that someone else could use.

She will be 7 at the time of the cruise. She loves hibachi so she will like Teppenyaki. Other than that she lives on chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers and possibly italian. Good to know we can go to get a steak at Cagney's with our SDP and she can order nuggets from the kids menu without us having to pay Cagney prices.

We took our son to Teppenyaki the last time we were on the Dawn. We were offered the kids menu, but they warned us that it would take a while to run up and get the food and bring it back. He was little so we just shared some of our meals with him. Since he was in a high chair they just placed him in the corner so as to not take up any extra space. We didn't take him to any of the other specialty restaurants, but he did well in the regular dining room, even with dinner taking 2+ hours most nights. 1d38f2aa82d176cd9b60364f6bee7485.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

He's adorable.

• 1 month later...