All IN FIGHTING ! No Thanks

sidari

We have sailed Carnival 28 times and have never seen anything like that either. I also have been looking at MSC as they loyalty match but now I am starting to question the friendliness of the passengers. We are well traveled, dress nicely for dinner but not expensively. One of the things that we like about Carnival is how many people we meet and how friendly everyone is. Pat

we have many carnival cruises also, but we love Msc... for the diversity in the people... its way different to be at dinner not being able to understand every conversation around...we love it !! we have not found people to be rude or unfriendly.. just the opposite.... if your looking for something different give it a try, but if your looking for a carnival exp.. stick to carnival... our fav carnival cruise was magic at Christmas....

This thread just led me to book a cruise on Carnival! No, seriously had been considering Horizon or Vista for some time. That's a leap of faith for me. But I hear great things about Vista and the 8 day sailing we chose. Anyway, I posted this in the Carnival thread which can be summed up as, if you act like an idiot, don't expect you will always be treated fairly. And if you're in authority, don't treat people unfairly and if if you are abiding by that rule, feel free to grab that cell phone and throw it into the ocean. Also, our 8 day Vista cruise (in a balcony room) is going to cost about $1,000 more than our 7 day cruise on Seaside (Yacht Club) when you figure in the Cheers package on Carnival. I doubt that means we'll encounter rowdier cruisers on MSC because its cheaper.

"I always tell my kids when we see stories like this that the person with authority may not have acted 100% in accordance with protocol or how they SHOULD have acted, but if you yourself don't cause problems and act in this instance, very poorly, you will not have anything to worry about. In other words, don't reportedly engage in fights and you won't have to worry about security possibly kicking you. In my eyes, security made two mistakes. Kicking passengers or going beyond what they needed to in order to restrain them and stop this and not grabbing that phone and throwing it into the Ocean. : O : ) Whoops, sorry, it got lost in the scuffle that you caused. Hopefully that's part of the off the record training course."

Some may view that as over the top but I intensely dislike it when people violate other peoples' rights by causing fights and putting others in danger and then raise Cane when those in authority try to stop it and have to use what some call excessive force to stop it.

This thread just led me to book a cruise on Carnival! No, seriously had been considering Horizon or Vista for some time. That's a leap of faith for me. But I hear great things about Vista and the 8 day sailing we chose. Anyway, I posted this in the Carnival thread which can be summed up as, if you act like an idiot, don't expect you will always be treated fairly. And if you're in authority, don't treat people unfairly and if if you are abiding by that rule, feel free to grab that cell phone and throw it into the ocean. Also, our 8 day Vista cruise (in a balcony room) is going to cost about $1,000 more than our 7 day cruise on Seaside (Yacht Club) when you figure in the Cheers package on Carnival. I doubt that means we'll encounter rowdier cruisers on MSC because its cheaper.

This is a confusing post. The fight happened on Carnival, so you've decided to book there as a result?

"I always tell my kids when we see stories like this that the person with authority may not have acted 100% in accordance with protocol or how they SHOULD have acted, but if you yourself don't cause problems and act in this instance, very poorly, you will not have anything to worry about. In other words, don't reportedly engage in fights and you won't have to worry about security possibly kicking you. In my eyes, security made two mistakes. Kicking passengers or going beyond what they needed to in order to restrain them and stop this and not grabbing that phone and throwing it into the Ocean. : O : ) Whoops, sorry, it got lost in the scuffle that you caused. Hopefully that's part of the off the record training course."

Vista was one of my least fav... when they got rid of the nice atrium and the glass elevators.... we love the breeze dream magic... though I like the 8 day southern.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Slightly an odd comment I think, in regards to not comparing client base. I have traveled more on Carnival than any other line, and I have my 3rd MSC Cruise booked. I will also state that in the 20 plus cruises I have done I encountered the rudest passengers on MSC, not Carnival. Bad apples are everywhere, and often price doesn't keep them out. To assume that if one pays more you are somehow classier is a joke. Often it just makes them think they are more entitled.

I will also note I have never witnessed a brawl, fight or behaviors like that on any of my cruises, including the Carnival ones.

I agree with you...people love to look down their noses at Carnival.

The only two times, in 35 cruises, I have been on a ship with a fight was on Royal, when some guy tried to stab someone else at the pool with a butter knife...he ended up in the brig. The other was on a 28 day sailing to Tahiti on Princess when two men got into a fight in one of the laundry rooms. They were put off the ship at the next port.