All IN FIGHTING ! No Thanks

sidari

Well... what I saw on CCL I never saw on any other cruise line . No line immune to this behavior but MSc has professional Israeli security on board and I can insure you they know what they are doing .

A brawl started because one person stepped on another person's shoe. I'm sure the Israeli security can prevent this from happening? I guess they are on every floor in every hallway. If they are, I probably wouldn't want to sail like that. There is no security that can prevent this. It is prevented by the people involved. Someone with the good sense to walk away and not ruin there cruise.

A brawl started because one person stepped on another person's shoe. I'm sure the Israeli security can prevent this from happening? I guess they are on every floor in every hallway. If they are, I probably wouldn't want to sail like that. There is no security that can prevent this. It is prevented by the people involved. Someone with the good sense to walk away and not ruin there cruise.

I am pretty sure its not started from stepping on shoes . Israeli security will do different from CCL security did, and will not try to beat up customers or kick phones away from people. Main problem here is not idiots who fight its a way security acted. And yes, at MSC during evening you will see lots of security guys around the ship and I love it.

Ok, there have ALWAYS been people who do not know how to act in public, so the "kids these days" argument is just silly. I think some remember the past through rose-colored glasses. This behavior is nothing new. Every generation thinks they are better behaved and morally superior to the next. Its tiresome. Socrates said this back in ancient Greece: "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise."

Its also not valid to say the cruise line where this occurred is the issue. We have done six cruises with Carnival in addition to around 20 or so cruises on other lines and have not seen any kind of behavior like what occurred here.

Yes, those people are idiots and whatever consequences came to bear were certainly deserved.

Just a little clarification; it’s only Carnival ships who don’t sell alcohol packages in Australia.

The family were from Australia but are European (Syrian).

Quite a mix - so all we needed was American security (or something) - there were Asian security - and we had most of the world covered in this one ridiculous family brawl. 🧐

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Better dressed, btw, is subjective. You don't have to have lots of money to be better dressed. You could be wearing a nice pair of khakis and a decent polo shirt - or even a plain colored t-shirt - (along with being freshly showered, your hair combed and teeth brushed) and be better dressed than many people these days in a land-based restaurant. Heck, you could buy an outfit like that at Old Navy for the love of God. lol.

To me it's more about taking some pride in your appearance than wearing expensive clothes. i.e. when I see people walk into the dining room on Escape wearing dirty t-shirts, worn high tops, and backward baseball caps for instance. I saw that on RCL way back too.

To me, I get frustrated because I preach to my kids that while appearances aren't everything, the way people will treat you - and respect you - will inevitably at least partially be based on this. So while I understand people should be able to do what they want based upon the rules, I also cringe for their sake and because my kids will say, see, I don't need to get so dressed up. Makes it harder as a parent to help them understand the importance of your physical appearance as a part, but an important part, of succeeding in life.

YES (y) and YES (y) !!!

I understand your loyalty but do you seriously believe that? Seriously? Come on

What loyalty are you referring? If you are trying to say that I'm cheering for Carnival, then you are wrong. I don't even like Carnival that much and it's far from my favorite cruise line (If you want to know, it's Royal). What I'm debating here is the idea that this situation is Carnival's fault and somehow this could never happen on MSC. If that is what you are implying, come on.

Maybe MSC's security could have handled the situation better once the brawl started. That was not Carnival's finest hour. But to imply that Israeli security force could magically pop up anywhere on the ship to prevent this happening sounds silly to me. There are so many places on every ship that I have been on where there is no one around, so I don't believe MSCs' security is everywhere at any given time.

Just a little clarification; it’s only Carnival ships who don’t sell alcohol packages in Australia.

The family were from Australia but are European (Syrian).

Quite a mix - so all we needed was American security (or something) - there were Asian security - and we had most of the world covered in this one ridiculous family brawl. 🧐

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Syrie is not in Europe;)

The only people to blame for this are those who started the brawl, there have been a couple of follow up stories in the UK press recently, other passengers have said that the family members were picking arguments with other passengers days prior to the brawl.

If it takes what the security did to stop them then so be it. personally I would have put them all adrift in a life raft but as the law does not allow for that they had to remain on the ship until they arrived at the port of Eden.

Carnival cannot be held responsible for trouble makers which this family clearly were.

The only people to blame for this are those who started the brawl, there have been a couple of follow up stories in the UK press recently, other passengers have said that the family members were picking arguments with other passengers days prior to the brawl.

If it takes what the security did to stop them then so be it. personally I would have put them all adrift in a life raft but as the law does not allow for that they had to remain on the ship until they arrived at the port of Eden.

Carnival cannot be held responsible for trouble makers which this family clearly were.

Well said. I totally agree!

CF 27 ... I have read that some people fly to the next nearest airport and then get a train to Genoa.

We disembarked at Genoa after a TA from Brazil; our agent booked us on a flight from Genoa to Paris, then on to Dublin. We had over a 7 hour layover between flights and an airport assistant in Paris had insisted on taking us to the departure gate on arrival where we sat for those hours freezing cold and too far from anywhere to wander about. It was a nightmare! Especially having been out of the cabin so early that morning. Never again!

Our booking on Divina next year also has us disembarking in Genoa (though they are now offering Civitavecchia as a final destination :mad:). We're trying to figure the best way to get to Milan to fly home that day. We don't do trains, but I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that there's a bus from the port to either one, or both, international airports in Milan, so I'm hoping to get further information on that.

ETA ... I was going to apologise to the OP for continuing the thread derailment - 'til I realised who the OP is/was! :D :D :D

We disembarked at Genoa after a TA from Brazil; our agent booked us on a flight from Genoa to Paris, then on to Dublin. We had over a 7 hour layover between flights and an airport assistant in Paris had insisted on taking us to the departure gate on arrival where we sat for those hours freezing cold and too far from anywhere to wander about. It was a nightmare! Especially having been out of the cabin so early that morning. Never again!

Our booking on Divina next year also has us disembarking in Genoa (though they are now offering Civitavecchia as a final destination :mad:). We're trying to figure the best way to get to Milan to fly home that day. We don't do trains, but I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that there's a bus from the port to either one, or both, international airports in Milan, so I'm hoping to get further information on that.

ETA ... I was going to apologise to the OP for continuing the thread derailment - 'til I realised who the OP is/was! :D :D :D

Italian trains are a good option, a quick Google has lots of trains from Genoa to Milan, usually takes an hour and half.

Italian trains are a good option, a quick Google has lots of trains from Genoa to Milan, usually takes an hour and half.

Yes, there's lots of information on getting the train from Genoa, but we prefer not to use trains and a private transfer would be very costly due to the distance, so we're looking for information on the bus service.

Yes, there's lots of information on getting the train from Genoa, but we prefer not to use trains and a private transfer would be very costly due to the distance, so we're looking for information on the bus service.

Hope you don't feel that way about trains back in Ireland. My uncle was quite senior in CIE back in day!

Hope you don't feel that way about trains back in Ireland. My uncle was quite senior in CIE back in day!

He's sorely missed, John! :D

It's Iarnród Éireann, now.

The last time I was on a train was when they rocked from side to side. :o

CF 27 ... I have read that some people fly to the next nearest airport and then get a train to Genoa.

Flying to Milan is plan B, train journeys can just be a challenge with luggage. Getting from the airport to train station etc.

There is a direct flight from Manchester but I'm still waiting for the next release of dates to see if it works for us. The days for LHR flight don't work for our departure nor the Stansted one.

Bea - We did Dublin-Stansted-Genoa on our last TA.

Bea - We did Dublin-Stansted-Genoa on our last TA.

Thanks, CF. I'll keep it in mind. I was so mad with the travel agent - I'd told him I didn't want to go anywhere near CdeG - been there, done it before! To be avoided like the plague! I'll be organising the flights this time (if I don't cancel the cruise in the first place!)

I have lots of Carnival cruises under my belt. I was interested when I saw this story on the news because it was onboard Legend which was our favorite Carnival ship. Sailed from Tampa (great sail away under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge) and did four great ports for snorkeling. Never saw anything like that behavior. Will still keep my very fond memories.

Should add I’m Diamond with Royal, Elite + with Celebrity and have sailed Yacht Club many times. For the demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed Carnival 28 times and have never seen anything like that either. I also have been looking at MSC as they loyalty match but now I am starting to question the friendliness of the passengers. We are well traveled, dress nicely for dinner but not expensively. One of the things that we like about Carnival is how many people we meet and how friendly everyone is. Pat

Remember ... You never get a Second chance to make a First Impression ... :cool:

C'mon...it's all-inclusive. Just get them another drink, and eventually they'll forget you met. Then you get a mulligan then next day. :)

Stephen