LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

After half a dozen cruises where I’ve said “I’m going to do the Pop Choir” and then chickening out, I finally did it. This is back at Crooners after the first rehearsal, recovering with a wonderful chocolate mint martini.

ca4fae7fcf39c87e4ba0026c28f36d44.jpg

Afternoon Tea. The warm scones with jam and clotted cream can’t be beat!

1ea33e7c2910f76b284b26f8a2a563d9.jpg

I tried the new meatball dish at Slice. Very tasty!

0ae144a92e222247955c6682ac542b75.jpg

ad44306603e58f2c6bebd0da4fcf7233.jpg

Menu at The Salty Dog Grill. I’ll sample an Ernesto Burger before the end of the cruise.

9b9b8dae7a10a5606b93adb78dc560f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Learned a few things about the CB’s propulsion issues after talking to officers today: there is an electrical problem with the motors driving one of the propellers, resulting in a reduced maximum RPM of the propeller shaft. The other side must also be reduced in RPM to match, so the effective reduction in speed is approximately two knots. This is not an easy repair, so the CB will be going back into drydock in May 2019, earlier than originally scheduled, for repairs. This will be an extended drydock, lasting about 30 days.

We have also found on past sailings with Princess that the set dining times do not match up with the show times, hence we do the any time dining on Princess. :D:D

Went to the Welcome Aboard Show tonight. Well, as much as we could. The scheduling was stupid. Anyone with an 8:00 dinner had to leave the 7:30 show early, and wouldn’t make the 9:00 one.

Comedian was pretty funny for the few minutes we saw him. The dancers weren’t together, but hopefully that will improve throughout the cruise.

39c0c8a0f63660cb01f26d972060a5eb.jpg

Edited by touesns

Thanks for posting these! Have you noticed any Happy Hour drink specials?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last cruise I just noticed the drink of the day. No discounts other than the cocktail thingy in Skywalker and we did not bother to go.

I’ll just leave this pic here and wait for the comments... (we also have plenty of butter)

Come on, we ordered Fettuccini 4 times and never got the Parmesan Basket!

As for the Butter, when we did the Galley tour I took a photo of the Servers "Daily Journal Log" posted near the kitchen exit doors...check out the Warning for the servers...(sorry Steve hope you don't mind me posting this in your review)

39016171571_fc22c0ae06_o.jpg

Come on, we ordered Fettuccini 4 times and never got the Parmesan Basket!

As for the Butter, when we did the Galley tour I took a photo of the Servers "Daily Journal Log" posted near the kitchen exit doors...check out the Warning for the servers...(sorry Steve hope you don't mind me posting this in your review)

Thanks Lou! Fascinating stuff!

We knew our Headwaiter from a previous cruise. I asked (pleaded) nicely, and he asked the chef. Next night: Voila! Parmesan Basket!

Today was our stop in Falmouth Jamaica, docking at noon. We’ve been to Jamaica before, so got off the ship for about 30 minutes to wander the port, then got back on. Friends were here last week on the NCL Epic, and took some posed pics. Using theirs as a guide, we took exactly the same pics as a silly prank. We just made it on board as the rain started. The rain and wind got worse as the day progressed. By 5pm it was pouring.

8b38c8d6dcbfe85a53ff26b0fa1a8b5e.jpg

303b4ed913d5660ae6f02cec6a065243.jpg

4371b8b33e5b6e44fb4d92206aad6be2.jpg

One of the “Behemoth of the Seas” was docked with us.

0d51c8e78dd5e2821ae53304587846ed.jpg

75825f397f94b3018c28f1f9dbfc8a29.jpg