LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

I miss the red or blue stripe in the carpet! Is the carpet color different on the other side of the ship now (I hope!)?

Just off the Ruby last month and the carpet had the red or blue stripe depending on the side of the ship. Maybe when the carpet is replaced it will be different? I really don't pay that much attention but do remember even numbers are on the port side where we like to have our cabin. As I walk down the hall I watch whether the numbers are going up or down. However I would agree after spending the night in Crooners, the need for help to find the stateroom. :D

Just loved your picture of the Christmas Parade on the Intercoastal. Lived in the area for over 40 years and just loved watching this Christmas tradition. We are also staying at the Marriott Beach Place Towers when we arrive back from our cruise next November. Too bad too soon for us to see parade. How was your stay there? Where did you eat breakfast? Enjoying your thread and your pics. Have a great cruise.

Pooh

Steve (CanadianBurger), loving your review with the great pictures.The new red chairs and tables on Lido Deck sure look different than the old white ones, I like the color change. Looking forward to seeing the new updates the Caribbean Princess had in dry dock this past spring. Thanks for sharing the photo of your mini suite, never had one, but it looks great. I'll be following along every day. Have a wonderful cruise and thanks for doing this live review.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Sailaway Time Lapse leaving Port Everglades:

Saw your sail away on the Port Everglades webcam. Liked your camera's perspective a lot better than the port webcam's. :D:D:D

BTW, that iphone 8+ looks to have a really great camera.

Went to the Welcome Aboard Show tonight. Well, as much as we could. The scheduling was stupid. Anyone with an 8:00 dinner had to leave the 7:30 show early, and wouldn’t make the 9:00 one.

Comedian was pretty funny for the few minutes we saw him. The dancers weren’t together, but hopefully that will improve throughout the cruise.

39c0c8a0f63660cb01f26d972060a5eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Love following your trip - thank you so much! Just as many others have stated, four of us are doing a similar cruise on the Caribbean Princess sailing February 26, 2018. We'll be previewing our cruise through your eyes day-by-day. Have fun and enjoy every minute of your voyage ... can't wait to see the next installment.

Edited by Hollywood2

Thanks Steve...no need for me to do a photo review from the last cruise, loving your photos so far. You're live is going to be awesome for us to reminisce. We just got home late last night. We had a wonderful time, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic cruise.

We did a post cruise excursion to the Everglades Holiday Park Airboats and it was a nightmare with highway closed. Our flight wasn't until 3:30PM so we had lots of time...anyone know why the highway was closed? I think it was I95.

Not overly impressed with the excursion but it killed some time waiting for our flight.

Just off the Ruby last month and the carpet had the red or blue stripe depending on the side of the ship. Maybe when the carpet is replaced it will be different? I really don't pay that much attention but do remember even numbers are on the port side where we like to have our cabin. As I walk down the hall I watch whether the numbers are going up or down. However I would agree after spending the night in Crooners, the need for help to find the stateroom. :D

The key is knowing how the elevators are oriented.

When the elevator arrives at your floor and the door opens, look out and-----

if you see a wall then you are facing forward and starboard will be to your right, but if you are using the amidships elevators

if you see an elevator to the right of a doorway to a hall you are on the port side facing the starboard side, but

if you see an elevator to the left of a doorway to a hall you are on the starboard side facing the port side, but

if you can remember these tips after leaving Crooners you left too soon.

The key is knowing how the elevators are oriented.

When the elevator arrives at your floor and the door opens, look out and-----

if you see a wall then you are facing forward and starboard will be to your right, but if you are using the amidships elevators

if you see an elevator to the right of a doorway to a hall you are on the port side facing the starboard side, but

if you see an elevator to the left of a doorway to a hall you are on the starboard side facing the port side, but

if you can remember these tips after leaving Crooners you left too soon.

I forgot to mention the amidships panoramic elevators whose doors face aft.

When the door opens turn right if you have a port side cabin, left if you have a starboard side cabin.

Or stay in the elevator, press the button for deck 7 and return to Crooners.