Upgrade within final payment window?

indygirl76

Hi all! So, first world problems... I'd been considering upgrading to a suite for my cruise in May; there have been 3-4 available for the last couple of weeks, up through Wednesday. Of course, last night when I called to upgrade, they are 100% sold out.

I realize there's no way to know for sure, but has anyone successfully snagged an upgrade (from a cancellation or whatever) within final payment? Is there any way I can get on a wait list, so I don't miss it if one becomes available? I booked myself, no travel agent or PVP - if I "signed up" with a PVP, would that make any difference in terms of wait list?

We got our upgrade offer via an email after final payment. We went from a Inside with a Window (4J) to a Balcony (8B) for a cost (still cheaper than booking the Balcony out right). Another cruiser was offered an upgrade from a Balcony to a Suite but didn't take it the amount to upgrade was stiff at $1,000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carnival used to have the types of upgrades you describe only available through their pvp’s. That has changed now and TA’s have acc as to this pool as well. I can’t say whether they would contact a individual booking or not. You can always call.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. This actually just happened to us. We booked our cruise (inside cabin) only 3 weeks out and paid in full. Then I just kept checking every day (ok, multiple times a day :) ) to see if different cabin within our category opened up on a different deck. Then the cruise sold out!

I kept checking and suddenly it wasn't sold out again and there were a bunch of ocean view cabins available and only $61 total for the week more than what I paid for our inside cabin. I called our rep at Carnival and they moved us to the outside cabin and charged us $61. Best $61 ever spent!

Fingers crossed for you!!

I kept checking and suddenly it wasn't sold out again and there were a bunch of ocean view cabins available and only $61 total for the week more than what I paid for our inside cabin. I called our rep at Carnival and they moved us to the outside cabin and charged us $61. Best $61 ever spent!

Fingers crossed for you!!

Thank you!!!! 😁