Internet 3 or 6GB what happens if you exceed?

Russ_MT

I'm trying to decide which package we should buy. We have 2 devices and the 3GB seems to fit. I doubt we will use that much data.

However, what happens if we go over 3GB? Will they shut it off without warning? Throttle? Charge us for 6GB?

If we go over can we pay the difference to upgrade to 6GB?

We'd like to leave phones turned on for VOIP calls from back home. Also I don't want to buy more data than we really need and have wasted money.

--Russ

Your Internet connection times out after 2 hours so you will have to manually reconnect your devices every two hours if you are hoping to get incoming VOIP calls.

They do this so that people don't leave their phones on the entire time and burn through their data allotment.

Your Internet connection times out after 2 hours so you will have to manually reconnect your devices every two hours if you are hoping to get incoming VOIP calls.

They do this so that people don't leave their phones on the entire time and burn through their data allotment.

Interesting.

I'll have to keep logging in to check for voicemails. I guess.

I know many apps running in the background "phone home" constantly. I figured I'd isolate those and turn that off.

On other ships, we stayed logged in constantly. On RCCL we even made skype calls phone to phone over ships network as well as iMessage.

Still want to know which package I should buy and if starting with 3GB is a bad idea.

--Russ

The login page that you must use to connect shows your real time usage, e.g. 650 of 3000MB used. There is also a link just under that counter offering you to purchase extra MBs if you are running short.

When you get to the end of what you purchase, you are indeed simply cut off.

The login page that you must use to connect shows your real time usage, e.g. 650 of 3000MB used. There is also a link just under that counter offering you to purchase extra MBs if you are running short.

When you get to the end of what you purchase, you are indeed simply cut off.

Thank you.

I just learned that the 2/4 device packages literally marries each device allocation to a MAC address of your device. So you can't logoff your iPhone and login your iPad. Pick your 2 or 4 devices and that's all that can connect. That kind of stinks. But it is what it is.

--Russ

I'm trying to decide which package we should buy. We have 2 devices and the 3GB seems to fit. I doubt we will use that much data.

However, what happens if we go over 3GB? Will they shut it off without warning? Throttle? Charge us for 6GB?

If we go over can we pay the difference to upgrade to 6GB?

We'd like to leave phones turned on for VOIP calls from back home. Also I don't want to buy more data than we really need and have wasted money.

--Russ

The login page gives you the opportunity to add Gb at a relatively reasonable rate. And shows what you have used and how much you have left. At least that is what we just experienced on the Divina cruise we just got off of a couple of days ago.