just off Freedom today some observations

1) people WERE allowed to bring water on, saw it with my own eyes, people carrying cases of water in the Windjammer till the rooms ready.

2) DO NOT have the water in a cooler on ice they will make you dump out the ice

3) my favorite!!! they WILL open the door between the balconys, we had ours opened, it seems they won't open it till they talk to both parties.

4) Freestyle machines, 4 in Windjammer (2 either side) 2 in Promonade, 2 outside by the kids pool & found one in t he arcade the last night!!

5) VIP Limo, used them from port to MCO, couldn't be more professional, got our bags, crossed the street and they were driving up to meet us!!

6) MTD, we just walked up one time and were seated right away, after that we enjoyed the waitstaff team of Imade & Jason so much we would make a reservation each day after we finished for the next day so we could get one of their tables (#120 or #121) these guys were great!! a lot of fun!!

7) got questions? ask away, I'll try to answer them best I can!!

1) people WERE allowed to bring water on, saw it with my own eyes, people carrying cases of water in the Windjammer till the rooms ready.

2) DO NOT have the water in a cooler on ice they will make you dump out the ice

3) my favorite!!! they WILL open the door between the balconys, we had ours opened, it seems they won't open it till they talk to both parties.

4) Freestyle machines, 4 in Windjammer (2 either side) 2 in Promonade, 2 outside by the kids pool & found one in t he arcade the last night!!

5) VIP Limo, used them from port to MCO, couldn't be more professional, got our bags, crossed the street and they were driving up to meet us!!

6) MTD, we just walked up one time and were seated right away, after that we enjoyed the waitstaff team of Imade & Jason so much we would make a reservation each day after we finished for the next day so we could get one of their tables (#120 or #121) these guys were great!! a lot of fun!!

7) got questions? ask away, I'll try to answer them best I can!!

How much was the VIP limo? Reservations?

Do you know prices of wifi? Hoping before December they have the unlimited package. Thanks, sounds like you had a good time.

Have you been on the Allure or Oasis, and if so, which one would you choose, or I guess my question could be would you go on Freedom if you've done Oasis class, (considering Freedom - already done Allure)

of course the only paper I can't find is the one with the internet stuff!! I can tell you it wasn't cheap. It was $0.75 per min. without a package (I did this just to print our boarding passes) There are no more free min.s with C&A !!!

never been on Allure or Oasis, Freedom has been the biggest we've been on, but did hear a few people who were on them saying the thought Allure & Oasis were just to big for them. We have been on Explorer & Adventure, Freedom was just a bigger version of them

Have you been on the Allure or Oasis, and if so, which one would you choose, or I guess my question could be would you go on Freedom if you've done Oasis class, (considering Freedom - already done Allure)

I've done Oasis twice. Three weeks ago was the most recent. Once on Freedom and Liberty before. I'm leaving on 6/16 for a Freedom cruise.

I love the Freedom class. It is my favorite. It offers what I need for my vacation. The price is right.

While I do like the Oasis class, I'm paying for bells and whistles that I do not use. If I had a choice to take a huge group of friends that have never cruised before, I would choose the Oasis Class for "WOW" power and to combat any remarks that they would be bored or stuck on ship. While it is a big ship, I do not feel or notice that difference while inside. It's only when I view the ship from the outside.

The Freedom class would be my second choice for a group, but mostly because it fits more budgets than the Oasis.

I've done Oasis twice. Three weeks ago was the most recent. Once on Freedom and Liberty before. I'm leaving on 6/16 for a Freedom cruise.

I love the Freedom class. It is my favorite. It offers what I need for my vacation. The price is right.

While I do like the Oasis class, I'm paying for bells and whistles that I do not use. If I had a choice to take a huge group of friends that have never cruised before, I would choose the Oasis Class for "WOW" power and to combat any remarks that they would be bored or stuck on ship. While it is a big ship, I do not feel or notice that difference while inside. It's only when I view the ship from the outside.

The Freedom class would be my second choice for a group, but mostly because it fits more budgets than the Oasis.

Thank you :)

Any idea why they make you dump out the ice? I am taking a cooler with some things that must be kept cold until I can get to the fridge in the stateroom. Maybe I should call and ask about this?

SOOOOO excited to hear the balcony dividers can be opened. We have three adjacent balconies on deck 9 and were hoping that, despite reports to the contrary, we'd be able to have them opened. Did you just ask at Guest Services on embarkation day? When did they actually open them? Do they slide back into the wall, or do they obstruct the view?

Also -- how do the Freestyle machines work? Do you just swipe your card to access? Thinking about buying the unlimited soda package for my 7yo, who LOVES those machines.

SOOOOO excited to hear the balcony dividers can be opened. We have three adjacent balconies on deck 9 and were hoping that, despite reports to the contrary, we'd be able to have them opened. Did you just ask at Guest Services on embarkation day? When did they actually open them? Do they slide back into the wall, or do they obstruct the view?

Also -- how do the Freestyle machines work? Do you just swipe your card to access? Thinking about buying the unlimited soda package for my 7yo, who LOVES those machines.

Ahoy ericrz

Just ask your cabin steward to open up the balcony doors. They then notify their supervisor to open them with the special key like key.

The balcony slides back half way, so there is still obstruction part way from your neighbor. They are usually opened on the first day.

We don't use the Freestyle soda machines, so we can't help you there.

of course the only paper I can't find is the one with the internet stuff!! I can tell you it wasn't cheap. It was $0.75 per min. without a package (I did this just to print our boarding passes) There are no more free min.s with C&A !!!

What?!?!?!?

What level of C&A are you?

Balconies: It is the master of the ship who makes the ultimate decision. If the Captain changes before your cruise, the answer to your request may not be the same as the OP's. Just a heads-up.

With the soda package you will receive an insulated cup which contains an RFID chip in the bottom. When you place the cup on the spot under the dispenser in the freestyle machine, the machine is activated.

We have sailed on both Freedom and Allure. While I'm glad that we had the opportunity to experience the Allure, we prefer the Freedom. The Allure was awe-inspiring and a must see for cruise enthusiasts but the size was a little overwhelming for us. We decided we liked the Freedom better and have a cruise booked on her for October.

2 Freestyle machines on the Promenade? I only saw one by Sorentos - where is the other?

There are two by Sorentos, two on each side of the windjammer, one in the arcade, I did see two on the pool deck but both machines were closed when I went by.

I have done Oasis and Freedom. I would do either ship again in a heart beat, but all things being equal I would pick Oasis/Allure. I like having more free food options, I like the dual flowriders and ocean pool. I also like cruising out of FLL more than Port Canaveral. For even just slightly less money (including air and transfers) I would probably go with Freedom.

I never really thought about the extra free food options being important, until I did Oasis and then Disney Magic, which had some really good food on the pool deck. Then I did freedom and got really sick of the windjammer and pizza.

can you tell me what deck the lifeboats are on and would they obstruct your view of the ocean from either that deck or the one above?[/quote

Life boats are hanging above deck 4. I don't know about obstructed views. Balconies start on deck 6. There are no cabins on deck 4 or 5, so I would say no obstructions.

The 2 Freestyle machines on the pool deck are new since I was on Freedom of the Seas in October. At the time they had a self-service soda fountain on the pool deck, but it was a traditional fountain and only had 5 or 6 drink choices.

I am thinking of using VIP limo when I come off FOS in August. How do you handle what time for them to pick you up? Since I wont know what group we will be in to disembark. Any advice on how to handle this? Thanks

Archived