What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

How many days in prior to your cruise did that happen?

Our cruise leaves out August 26th. We just spoke to them last night about adding a person to our room and we asked about the upgrades. That is when he told us that they will make them unavailable. We have not received a message about being awarded the upgrade or not yet FYI

Our cruise leaves out August 26th....We have not received a message about being awarded the upgrade or not yet FYI

Yes, that's exact the same timeline we've registered on our cruise. We'll embark in 49 hours and the status on the bidding site is still 'pending'. But as you told: 4 weeks in prior of our cruise all left Haven, suites & balconies vanished over night...

Yes, that's exact the same timeline we've registered on our cruise. We'll embark in 49 hours and the status on the bidding site is still 'pending'. But as you told: 4 weeks in prior of our cruise all left Haven, suites & balconies vanished over night...

I'm not holding my breath but it does at least look a little better for the upgrade now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"We spoke with someone from NCL last night. I figured when we saw that all the rooms in the category we bid on an upgrade were no longer available, that there is no way we would get the room. The rep told me however that they will pull the rooms and make them no longer available so that the bidders will get them."

Makes me feel a little better. My upgrade option was "sold out" this morning. Of course it may actually be sold out but now there is a little hope. Offer is still shown as pending. I won't hold my breath though.:eek:

Edited by smm0218

I'm not holding my breath but it does at least look a little better for the upgrade now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fingers crossed [emoji6]

I'll know in 46 minutes if one of my bids has been accepted (hopefully)

Our cruise leaves out August 26th. We just spoke to them last night about adding a person to our room and we asked about the upgrades. That is when he told us that they will make them unavailable. We have not received a message about being awarded the upgrade or not yet FYI

Just wanted to let you know I received a upgrade on Tuesday for a August 6th cruise. Never got a email from NCL. I looked in my account and saw the upgrade. First I checked the availability and saw from 5 H5s to only 1. Then checked my account and the upgrade was there.

Just wanted to let you know I received a upgrade on Tuesday for a August 6th cruise. Never got a email from NCL. I looked in my account and saw the upgrade. First I checked the availability and saw from 5 H5s to only 1. Then checked my account and the upgrade was there.

Never got an email but you got an upgrade? Did you bid? If so, what was the bid and what was orig room vs new room?

Are you saying you never bid, never asked, never anything and just got an upgrade? What did you start with and what did you end up with?

Sorry I had posted on a early page about the upgrade. I never said I did or didn't bid. Since the thread is about upgrade offer & receiving a message. I just wanted to let the poster know I never received anything from Ncl about the bid upgrade. It was just in my NCL account. I did bid I was in a bb and only bid on a h5. I bid $610 a person which was on the poor side. When I booked there was only 5 H5s. Hope that helps.

Edited by cruise4fam

I agree. I check it daily. I was "okay" with my initial booking, but the chance for an upgrade/upsell/bid makes it a lot more fun.

Jim

On my sailing the category for which I made an upgrade bid has 8 cabins available which have been available since the offer was first offered at 80 days out. So I am somewhat hopeful that my bid might be accepted.

I just did this, we made an offer for an upgrade (through an email offer to upgrade) but, during that 48 hours we decided we were adding a person. They gave us the Oceanview but, cancelled our balcony request "due to a change in our reservation" Then when I looked on "My NCL" I saw we had an offer to upgrade to balcony or a mini-suite. Our 3rd person now shows up on our e-documents. Hope this helps you and that I was clearer than mud!

Has anyone in a low category stateroom had their bid accepted & had an opportunity to upgrade again to a higher category?

Yes. Lots of folks.

That is what this thread is all about. Scroll back you and you will find lots of people that upgraded from one category to a higher category.

OOOOPPPSSS... just read the post again. You are asking if folks got their bid accepted to move up, and then moved up again with another bid.

Guessing it might have happened, but probably way less common. With so many folks saying they did not get their notice until 2 days before and by then the bidding process was over with.

My daughter and I are scheduled to cruise Aug. 11th from Boston to Bermuda. We originally booked an ocean view room - we usuallly book a balcony room, but were trying to save a few dollars :-) When I received the invitation to bid...I wasn't very hopeful that my bid would be accepted - I bid a total of $150 PP for an upgrade to a balcony cabin....and it was accepted! We have a mid-ship BA balcony room which would have cost us approx. $1000 total if we had booked it to begin with!!

So, I am pleased with how it all worked out....

If you win a bid, do you get new eDocs with your proper cabin number so you can print out your baggage stuff?

I would expect if you print AFTER the upgrade/change you will be fine.

If not, you can

a) get tags on the pier

or

b) Just write the new number with a big pen over the existing

Leaving in 10 days, offer still shown as pending, so do you think it is actually pending ( and there is still hope) or they just haven't gotten around to rejecting me yet?

I'm on your same cruise and even though I have not bid on anything, the 5 bid offers are still being offered to me. I would think that they have not settled all bids yet.

Also, the rooms "available" keeps changing from day to day. Yesterday only guaranteed inside cabins were offered; today, balconies were offered. Two days ago, cruise was totally booked. :confused:

Don

It is 24 days before my cruise -- and none of use received an email -- is it possible? or am I still too early?

I am doubtful I will receive the email since I booked through Costco but the other people in my group should (they did not)...

Don

I only had 2 offers but I still get the banner offering the upgrade. Last time I looked only inside and ocean view were available, now only balcony is available. They are just toying with me I think.

xcell

When you log into MYNCL do you see a banner that says something about upgrading? I think I got the email about 5 weeks before sail date. I guess you could always call them if you are interested in upgrading, the worst they could do is say you aren't eligible.