Allure Embarkation Route to Food

I wanted to know the quickest route from the embarkation point on the cruise ship (which floor and location) to the Park Cafe/Sorrentos Pizza area (Deck 5, mid). We're going to be a hungry bunch ;)

Go to the nearest stairs, probably aft of the promeande and walk up to deck 8 for the Park Cafe. Are you Diamond or higher, or in a suite? After that the line starts to form. With that said it can vary week to week. Sorrentos is right on deck 5 where you board.

I wanted to know the quickest route from the embarkation point on the cruise ship (which floor and location) to the Park Cafe/Sorrentos Pizza area (Deck 5, mid). We're going to be a hungry bunch ;)

Well, when you get on the ship, turn left and there will be Sorrentos. Impossible to miss. Park Cafe is up on 8 (you'll be boarding on 5). It is almost directly overhead. So one way or the other, you'll need to find elevators/stairs (to your right or left) and head up to Central Park. Also, The Dog House is on 6 (go left/aft). When we boarded in August, at about 11am, it was just opening and we were literally the only customers. Sorrentos was already a zoo.

If you are going to a hungry bunch, why go to the Park cafe or sorrentoes. There is limited seating in both of these also. Don't know what time you are boarding, windjammer gets crowded, but don't think these two are going to be a walk in the park either. Don't know cruise history on your group but if first on Oasis class go try windjammer, check out area for a table if crowded, get some waters, untensils, etc. and then some go to one of the six lines and experience it all. You can get a piece of pizza, or Roast beef sandwich any time doing week.

If you are going to a hungry bunch, why go to the Park cafe or sorrentoes. There is limited seating in both of these also. Don't know what time you are boarding, windjammer gets crowded, but don't think these two are going to be a walk in the park either. Don't know cruise history on your group but if first on Oasis class go try windjammer, check out area for a table if crowded, get some waters, untensils, etc. and then some go to one of the six lines and experience it all. You can get a piece of pizza, or Roast beef sandwich any time doing week.

I have found that the Windjammer has gone down in quality and on the bigger ships she just can't handle the crowds only making it worse. Not to mention that I prefer to stay away from the Buffet lines as much as possible.

Just got off the ship on Sunday and I looked at my Cruise Compass for times and places open when you embark (included no charge only)

Solarium Bistro Deck 15 1130a-3p. This one will probably be uncrowded

Windjammer Deck 16 1130a-3:30p

Park Cafe Deck 8 1130a-6p

Wipe Out Cafe Deck 15 Noon-3:30p

Boardwalk Dog House Deck 6 1130a-6p

Sorrento’s Deck 5 1130a-3a

Cafe Promenade Deck 5 24 hrs.

Least crowded may not be closest. We were on about 11:30 and wandered up to Boardwalk. Since we had my 4 1/2 yo grandson, Dog House was quick and uncrowded.

• 3 weeks later...