Harmony December 9 '17

daka

WOW, we have never made any cruise reservations so far in advance...

This is our first cruise on Harmony, we have been on Oasis and Allure total of 3 times.

I am 'assuming' (yeah I know) that this ship is pretty much the same as the other 2.

We have cabin number 12202...any comments about the cabin?

After many cruises on Celebrity S class, we are not happy with the cost cutting and raised drink prices, so we'll see what happens here

Well, anyway we'll be back on the message board again

Thanks all Daniel and Priscilla

Edited by daka

Just got off the Harmony a month ago. So very not impressed. Lot of little $ tweaks done that did not make the experience better. But I can say there was no disappointment in the food at the specialty restaurants.

We were in that exact cabin two weeks ago. Compared to our cabins on oasis and allure we thought this cabin was better. Here is a pic of the larger balcony

[ATTACH]400948[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pix, the bigger balcony lets me sit back from the rail, slight case of acrophobia....but I do like the higher decks...(Irrational, I know):confused:

Despite a less-than-ideal and somewhat temporary dining experience the last time we sailed on the Oasis we are booked for two cruises on the Harmony, one in April 2017 and the other at the end of December 2017.

If we feel the whole thing is "not worth it" we figure we can cancel or change the December sailing; we live in Fort Lauderdale so getting to and from is simple. I watch these ships leave and return from/to Port Everglades all the time from my front yard at the beach and we decided we'd check the ship out in real time.

Let's face it: cruise prices have been rising for decades. The ship makes major money on alcohol sales, particularly those almost impossible to break even beverage "packages" unless the two of you plan to drink about 12 cocktails a day depending on journey length and we know they are making a bundle on that colored water called coffee; we've long ago accepted that fact and go for the ambience as much as anything.

Stick around here and listen to every conceivable "complaint' about every possible aspect of any cruise from the size of the showers to all those "rude" passengers who are inevitably "over 65."

Up to you. I say go, enjoy it for what it is and if it isn't then travel some other way. There actually are "other ways" to travel which can be quite satisfying but you already knew that.

Now, I personally hope you have a GREAT trip and you can laugh at all those people who said you won't this or you won't that.

Hey BOOTMAN

Yeah, we are in FLL also, and cruising has become our only way to vacation since I HATE what flying has become...a 15 minute cab ride, pack everything you MAY NEED....

We are on Harmony December 9 (2017), that's the earliest we have ever booked.

As for all those over 65 er's hey, that's us....we try to BE NICE, but there are certain people (you know who I mean) who are just so damn "pushy" you need to PUSH BACK.

Well,you gotta' learn to "roll with the punch" I guess....

We've quit Celebrity, this will be cruise number 5 on Oasis class, and if we are not happy we will continue with the newer Princess ships which have replaced Celeb S class for us.

• 11 months later...