Allure of the Seas Cabin Choice?

Hello all, I am very excited to have booked a Caribbean cruise on the Allure! We have cruised on other lines but this is our first Royal Caribbean cruise! My go to is always an Ocean View Balcony, however I keep going back and looking at the Boardwalk balcony on deck 9, I could still have a small view of ocean but also see the Aqua show and people watch on the Boardwalk.

Is deck 9 high up enough to get a view of the ocean? Is the Boardwalk too busy and noisy so I will not want to be on my balcony? I do not spend too much time on the balcony but do like to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. Appreciate any input or thoughts for those of you who have stayed in this type of cabin on deck 9.

We sailed on the Harmony last year and will be on the Allure in 10 days, I prefer the ocean view, you're not missing anything on the boardwalk. If its for budget reasons I understand and say do whatever suits best. But if its choice, go ocean, all the way.

ocean view, but not on 12 or 14 under the pool area...very noisy from the music during the day and in the early hours of the morning (before 7a.m.) from the towel carts and loungers being moved around. Hopefully you'll love this class as much as many of us do:)

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed the Boardwalk on the Allure deck 10. We really enjoyed it, the mornings were nice, not as peaceful as the ocean view but its not crowded at that time so you can enjoy your morning on it. During the day is when its most busy and hoping with things going on, but a ton of fun to go out and watch people and watch the zip line and anything going on at the aqua theater. Speaking of aqua theater, you can see the show at night, and watching the boardwalk at night is another thing. I enjoyed a glass of wine out there, yes you can see the ocean, not all of it but a nice glimpse. If people are worried about noise don't be, when your balcony door is shut and locked you don't here anything, at least we did'nt and we have 3 small kids so we were worried about that but did'nt have to be. Its a different experience and I recommend it for people who are curious.

We just sailed the Boardwalk on the Allure deck 10. We really enjoyed it, the mornings were nice, not as peaceful as the ocean view but its not crowded at that time so you can enjoy your morning on it. During the day is when its most busy and hoping with things going on, but a ton of fun to go out and watch people and watch the zip line and anything going on at the aqua theater. Speaking of aqua theater, you can see the show at night, and watching the boardwalk at night is another thing. I enjoyed a glass of wine out there, yes you can see the ocean, not all of it but a nice glimpse. If people are worried about noise don't be, when your balcony door is shut and locked you don't here anything, at least we did'nt and we have 3 small kids so we were worried about that but did'nt have to be. Its a different experience and I recommend it for people who are curious.

Thank you for your sharing your experience sailing in a BW Balcony. I am sure we would enjoy this type of balcony as well. We don't cruise until 2020, so I think we have time to still change our cabin if we decide to have a BW view

So, there is a big net backing the aqua theater. So, there is really no clear view of water from the lower decks boardwalk balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I didn't take into consideration the net backing the aqua theater, good to know. So far we are keeping the ocean view balcony, reasonably priced and the privacy the ocean has to offer. :)