Carnival Miracle Excursions

luv2cruise_19

Going on the 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa this coming weekend. Been looking at the offered excursions through Carnival but was wondering if booking locally once at the port of call was a better option as far as pricing goes.

Should I go ahead and book the excursion(s) through Carnival?

Going on the 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa this coming weekend. Been looking at the offered excursions through Carnival but was wondering if booking locally once at the port of call was a better option as far as pricing goes.

I've always booked through Carnival even if they can be more expensive. The ship will wait for an excursion that is booked through them. They don't have to wait if you book on your own and get delayed for any reason.

Just book through Carnival and then submit a price protection for the cheapest local vendor you can find. I pocketed $300 in credits using this plan on my Miracle cruise a month ago.

How were you able to do this? I've heard that the excursions have to match exactly (lunch, transport, etc.) and Carnival will argue with you and explain that the excursion is not the same due to these factors. I'm interested in doing this for my cruise! Thanks!

How were you able to do this? I've heard that the excursions have to match exactly (lunch, transport, etc.) and Carnival will argue with you and explain that the excursion is not the same due to these factors. I'm interested in doing this for my cruise! Thanks!

I would love to know the same thing. Thanks.

You can find great excursions at each port. Check your social media roll call, the roll call here on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor to get better ideas. Personally my family will never do a Carnival excursion for a few reasons. There are lots of great options out there aside from through the cruise line.

In Roatan look at Bodden tours. You get a driver and plenty of options to choose from. We have used Victor Bodden 3 times and always fabulous. In Coz do the beach in the morning then head downtown for eats and shopping. Cabs everywhere. Belize is probably one port I would try to use the carnival excursions. Grand Cayman, use Soto's Cruises for Stingray City and to snorkel the Coral Gardens, my wife and I have done this 3 times also. I'm going on the Miracle May 6th and will do what I recommended. Do not be afraid of outside excursion vendors. They will take good care of you, and I have never missed a ship in 25ish cruises. Jim

Forgot to mention, book online before you go. Jim

• 2 months later...

]Just book through Carnival and then submit a price protection for the cheapest local vendor you can find. I pocketed $300 in credits using this plan on my Miracle cruise a month ago.[/q

Does this mean you take the local vendor or just get something to verify the cost?

I've always booked through Carnival even if they can be more expensive. The ship will wait for an excursion that is booked through them. They don't have to wait if you book on your own and get delayed for any reason.

Carnival's "fear factor" this is just not true. My son was a Captain in St Thomas taking out cruise and hotel passengers. Some booked through the cruise line for $75, some booked privately for $55, same excursion. My son had the phone numbers of the cruise ships and once they were delayed with 20 cruise guests, of course they waited.