Veendam 2019 schedule

ATC

Several months ago I was watching the 2019 summer schedule for Veendam NE/Canada cruises when they all disappeared from the site. A few months later Veendam was shown as being in the Med for the summer.

Yesterday I looked again and found both schedules. She is going to have to sail fast to be in Venice and Maine on consecutive days.

We were told (by the future cruise consultant on board) that Veendam is being moved to Venice because of the new rules Venice has put into place to protect it from the large ships. There will be no Veendam/Bermuda runs for 2019 but it may be that Zaandam takes that route beginning in 2020.

There will be no Veendam/Bermuda runs for 2019 but it may be that Zaandam takes that route beginning in 2020.
The Zaandam (and other R-class ships) are about 30 feet too long for the downtown Hamilton berth, which would negate the one big advantage that HAL has in cruises to Bermuda.

We were told (by the future cruise consultant on board) that Veendam is being moved to Venice because of the new rules Venice has put into place to protect it from the large ships. There will be no Veendam/Bermuda runs for 2019 but it may be that Zaandam takes that route beginning in 2020.

That’s what I was told yesterday on board by the Future Cruise Consultant although he didn’t specify Zaandam. Said they’re trying to juggle the ships for ‘20. I hope it’s true. This was our 3rd Veendam/Bermuda cruise. The Captain announced Veendam is the longest length that can fit in Hamilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by innlady1

The Captain announced Veendam is the longest length that can fit in Hamilton.
The Veendam and Maasdam are the only ships that HAL has under the 750 foot limit, but other lines have ones that berth in Hamilton, such as the Viking Star. I liked the Ryndam too!

The Veendam and Maasdam are the only ships that HAL has under the 750 foot limit, but other lines have ones that berth in Hamilton, such as the Viking Star. I liked the Ryndam too!

The Prisendam is under the limit as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct! :) I omitted her because she would never be put on a dedicated Bermuda run.

No she wouldn’t. HAL saves her for the exotic itineraries (for lack of a better word).

Doesn’t mean that she’ll never go there.

She stopped there in early May for one night on her TA voyage to Europe. The Veendam stays 3 nights...we just disembarked today!

We disembarked May 19th from the Veendam and we were told that if enough people put in their comments that they want to book this sailing again, that HAL may bring it back for 2020. Fingers crossed as this was in our top 3 cruises with HAL!