Any other vegans cruised on Carnival Ecstasy?

Shey59

If you call Carnival's special needs department before you cruise they will ensure vegan food is available for you in the MDR. The buffets usually have vegan choices as well. I can't recall vegan pizza, but there are vegan choices at the deli - and of course there's a salad bar as well.

I have cruised on Carnival as a vegan at least six times, including the Ecstasy. The pizza place can make a cheese-less pizza for you, plus you can bring vegan cheese (in an unopened package) with you and add to it. Also, the deli can make veggie sandwiches (just make sure to request no butter if they're going to grill it) and the salad bar and buffet has some vegan options. Not sure if the Ecstasy now has a Guy's Burgers or a Blue Iguana Cantina (they didn't when I sailed her) but the veggie burger at Guy's...not listed on the menu but available...is vegan (including the bun) and is cooked on a separate grill. Tacos and burritos at BIC have many vegan toppings but you'll need to avoid the rice (it's got butter in it) and the refried beans (lard) but the black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, onions, hot sauces, and avocado are all fine. In addition to contacting the special needs department it is of UTMOST importance to head to the MDR the first afternoon you're on the ship and review the menu with the staff there at the time. They will help you find vegan options for the first night and then each evening will take your order for the next breakfast, lunch and dinner that you plan to eat in the MDR the following day.

Thanks so much, yes they do have both of those choices you referred to..guys and the cantina. So glad to hear about guys vegan burger, did you ask about all the info you gave me while on the cruise? I thought I read that the deli is gone now but not for sure. I should not have any problems with what you have told me. I hate the rice has butter. Ugh thanks again