Best ship for mother & adult daughter

kathy cruiser

You have lots of options but I would recommend that you enlist the help of a Travel Agent who specializes in Cruises who can help you with this as age is not the only factor. Other factors include budge, preference in on board experience, etc.

We cannot give you a recommendation on CC so I would ask friends who you know and respect who cruise if they have a recommendation for a TA.

Keith

The Caribbean is lovely, but all the islands are more alike than different......except for Aruba...that's a true "desert island"....all the others are pretty lush and gorgeous.

I would imagine at your ages, rock walls and flow riders aren't the important things on the ship...so you could cross off the biggest, newest ships. Something more mid-sized and older might suit you better. Smaller ships seem to have friendlier crews....fewer passengers and more space per passenger, generally speaking. No need to make advance reservations for everything! It's a more "relaxing" way to cruise.

I travel with my mom all the time -- I'm 52 and she's 76. Her favourite line is Celebrity (she's also done Royal Caribbean & Norwegian and will be trying Holland America for the first time this coming summer). I've done all the major lines, and I find myself choosing by itinerary, more than anything else.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should talk to a travel agent where you live as we do not know either of you or what your preferences are.

Keep in mind that In April many of the cruise ships start to move from the Caribbean to head for Alaska, Europe, Canada/New England. Thus there are fewer ship choices.

You might find the ship availability is limited for this April because ships are probably booked up. Even if you find something, cabin choices might be less than desirable, such as directly under a public area (can be noisy). But you never know -- final payments are around now for April cruises, and some cabins might become available due to cancellations.

Can you drive to the departure port? That makes a difference on ship choices. If flying, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale have the best choices.

You'll need passports (ideal), or at least an official government issued birth certificate plus a photo ID such as a drivers license. Don't wait too long to get these.