Mdr freedom help

planb

So it's been awhile and when we last sailed Carnival they had tried "American Dining" in the MDR. To be honest it was a disaster . 2 x main entrees not served an so forth. Is the Freedom the same kind of dining or have they gone back to the traditional in the MDR. It was so bad that if it is we may go on another cruise line. Thanks for the help .

We were on the Freedom in January and liked what we ordered. Keep in mind that if you don't like the dish you can order something else. There were several things to choose from each night some available every night and others changed. We also love the freedom the crew and service were great from our room steward to the servers in the dining room. We have another cruise booked on her again.

Thank you but I also would like to know if they are still doing the no table cloths and a water jug on the table instead of the more formal seating they use to have every night not just on formal night.

Freedom changed over to the AT on February 14, 2015.

Not all ships in the fleet have changed over but the majority now serve the American Table. I will humbly suggest you give it a try. I didn't care for it when it was first announced but either the quality has improved or my expectations have reduced. On the Pride this spring we enjoyed the American Table very much.

Edited after your 2nd post.

Yes, the American Table does not use table clothes except on cruise elegant night. A water carafe is at your table each evening.

Sorry there are no water bottles on the table. There are glass carafes so you are able to fill your water glass when needed. There are table clothes on the elegant nights. The table tops though are very nice looking I didn't miss the table clothes as much as I thought I would.

• 1 month later...

We had great meals and great waitstaff on Freedom. I kind of like the water carafe on the table. Many times, I am super thirsty after a day of sun, so I like to be able to pour myself more water as needed. John Alex was our waiter last year & we loved him & his assistants.

No tablecloths is a mess. I just got off the Breeze. Our wait staff apologized several times each evening for having to wipe down the wooden tables throughout dinner.

Service was great. Food was good. Wet table top was not pleasant.

All personal opinion of course.

Didn't the Breeze have the lipped coaster for the water carafe?

So it's been awhile and when we last sailed Carnival they had tried "American Dining" in the MDR. To be honest it was a disaster . 2 x main entrees not served an so forth. Is the Freedom the same kind of dining or have they gone back to the traditional in the MDR. It was so bad that if it is we may go on another cruise line. Thanks for the help .

If you didnt get main course twice than would say waitstaff screwed up not the fault of American Table menu.

In the beginning wooden table tops look great but after a few years wonder what they will look like

As already stated, the CARNIVAL FREEDOM has the disastrous American Table. No table cloths. Communal water and bread basket. If you dine in the MDR, hope you get stablemates with the manners to share. I am not surprised you missed entrees two nights as the staff is much overworked. The few times I have tried the MDR, the service was horrible. I do not like the buffet on the Lido, but overall, it is far superior now to the MDR. This is my opinions, and it is shared by others too. Go and try it, try to keep an open mind. I did, but it just has failed for me. Even some of the steakhouse restaurants now do not have tablecloths, but they dress the tables with placemats. at least the service there is still up to par.

• 1 month later...
We had great meals and great waitstaff on Freedom. I kind of like the water carafe on the table. Many times, I am super thirsty after a day of sun, so I like to be able to pour myself more water as needed. John Alex was our waiter last year & we loved him & his assistants.

John alex is a friendly guy. Hr is on the valor now, but may go back on the freedom this year.