Cruise fever is killing me!!!!!

My budget can only accommodate a cruise every 12-18 months. I have the "fever" and am in full countdown mode for our September cruise. We have never been on a boat as big as Oasis and I absolutely cannot wait.

We already have a small box that has sunscreen and a couple of other items in it.

174 and counting!!!

My budget can only accommodate a cruise every 12-18 months. I have the "fever" and am in full countdown mode for our September cruise. We have never been on a boat as big as Oasis and I absolutely cannot wait.

We already have a small box that has sunscreen and a couple of other items in it.

174 and counting!!!

It definitely is a significant amount of money for most people to invest in a vacation. And I'm torn between booking my spring/early summer '19 cruise early to give me the time to pay it more gradually and waiting for last minute deals....book/pay early has more selection of itinerary and cabin, last minute offers significant savings.....aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! What.to.do??😨😱😵

I've been hooked since my first cruise, and its the only type of vacation I want to go on anymore. The other day I was trying to convince DW that we need to book another cruise for 2019 and she said she would like to do something other than a cruise. I told her I didnt need that kind of negativity in my life.

Now that ^^ was funny!

I went on my first cruise in 2014 with my then, 10 year old son, a Christmas cruise with a balcony room. I loved it, although I did get sea sick (but nothing a little dramamine couldn't fix). My son enjoyed it but was not as thrilled as I was. SOOO, solution to that issue, book a cruise each summer after he is out of school and spending time with his dad. SOLO ROOMS...here I come. I'll be back on Anthem this summer (2nd time) in my solo balcony room. Trying to decide if I should do the Anthem 9 night next year or 7 night on the Harmony (Ocean View). I did try the inside Solo rooms on NCL Escape last summer...and although it was fun...I need to see the outside or have quick access to it!

Edited by areneeh
Added clarification

Cruise fever has really gotten almost terminal, I feel like I need a hit every 6 months.

Met lots of great people from the CC community. See some again occasionally but I guess how do you keep in touch and realign cruising dates with all the diverse itineraries and interests people have.

Cured! Used to do 40-60 days a year, now nothing in the last 18 months. Can’t come up with a reason to go. Retired, so getting away from the rat race doesn’t fly. Live in AZ so weather isn’t an excuse. Much more dining and drinking options at a lot lower cost locally. Ship life is over rated. Hence, we’ll enjoy our current environment and maybe use the money we are saving to buy a vacation house on a lake in northern AZ.

I cruise at least once a year. Last year Caribbean on the Allure (you must try that ship - !!!) and Alaska on Radiance. This year will be Panama Canal on Celebrity Infinity. Next year back to Alaska. 2020 is Bermuda. I should join Cruisers Anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are very lucky travel a lot and always do 2 Caribbean vacation 80 percent cruises and 20 percent resorts, we normally cruise end of April and late November but we did a earlier cruise begining of March now we have almost 9 months till next cruise , but have our first owners suite to look forward to

SailorJeff we also have the fever. what is sad there are no telethons to help us. It's like no one really cares about this addiction. Our Government can help illegal aliens, immigrants from all over the world, other addictions. But, the dreaded Ecruisin no one cares. This is a world wide pandemic. It's time we unite & get Hollywood & our Government & the Governments of the world to unite to help us.

My facebook timeline is killing me today....a year ago today I was boarding the Oasis for the first time. I had cruised before but there was something about Lady O. I felt like I had found my floating home. To make the transition back to land a little less painful, I booked her again for October of last year. The weather during the Hurricane season cruise was actually much nicer. Then before I left the October cruise I booked another for next month. Unfortunately some scheduling problems came up and the spring cruise had to be cancelled...only to be rebooked as a Fall cruise to the ABC's.

So there really is a treatment (not a cure) for cruise addiction. It's offered daily on board at the Nextcruise desk. Once you're home your favorite TA also can administer treatments. If Royal every gets their act together you can get 24 hour relief through their website (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!)