NCL Jade service charges

bernphotos

Hi,

I've just booked a cruise on the Norwegian Jade, 9 days in May 2018, the cost includes a drinks package and speciality dining package.

I understand that a service charge of 20% is payable, but I can't find any info about it in the NCL terms and conditions.

What can I expect to pay, and is it possible to opt out and pay some of the crew in cash instead.

Thanks for any help

My first question would be where are you from? US / Canada or Rest of the World?

Might seem trivial but it's fairly important.

Oh and expect some flak for the opt out comment. It's quite a hot topic on here. :)

Where are you based?

If in the US, and some other countries, then this service charge is added to your cruise fare. It isn’t optional, so you can’t opt out and pay direct to the crew.

In some other countries this charge isn’t made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from the UK.

I'm thick skinned, so don't mind some flak!!

In that case there is no service charge on these things. You have nothing extra to pay.

You can, of course, tip staff directly if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith beat me to it. He usually does. If you look at your confirmation or edocs towards the bottom it will tell you what is included in your price. Being from the UK your Drinks Package, associated service / gratuity (The 20%) plus the Daily Service Charge are included in your fare, you should get water delivered to your stateroom too.

UNLESS

You have booked Just Cruise as opposed to All inclusive.

Hi,

I've just booked a cruise on the Norwegian Jade, 9 days in May 2018, the cost includes a drinks package and speciality dining package.

I understand that a service charge of 20% is payable, but I can't find any info about it in the NCL terms and conditions.

What can I expect to pay, and is it possible to opt out and pay some of the crew in cash instead.

Thanks for any help

if you are from the USA the 20% on value of package is added to your invoice and payable with final payment so no extra on board

if from UK no extra payable

The DSC is separate and is about $13 per person per day and is added to your onboard account on a daily basis unless you pre pay it

Be careful asking to opt out and pay in cash as the whole thread will disintegrate into an online argument as always happens when this question is asked

The DSC is separate and is about $13 per person per day and is added to your onboard account on a daily basis unless you pre pay it

The DSC is now included in the All Inclusive package, so no need to pre-pay anymore and it won't be charged to your onboard account. The All Inclusive package is the default package for cruises booked in the UK and Europe. :)

careful asking to opt out and pay in cash as the whole thread will disintegrate into an online argument as always happens when this question is asked [/quote]

Too late, I've already asked!

Obviously a contentious issue, but morals aside, I would have like to known the facts.

We're all inclusive, so from the replies, it looks like the service charge is included.

There is also an active roll call for this sailing found here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552570

careful asking to opt out and pay in cash as the whole thread will disintegrate into an online argument as always happens when this question is asked [/quote]

Too late, I've already asked!

Obviously a contentious issue, but morals aside, I would have like to known the facts.

We're all inclusive, so from the replies, it looks like the service charge is included.