NCL Breakaway review......ship is tired

thumper114

Clientele was the biggest shocker/disastifier on the cruise. If you are planning a quiet and relaxing cruise this is definitely not the one for you. We determined at the terminal that it was going to interesting. Cruisers were obnoxiously loud throughout the week. I susect that most NY/NJ cruisers, which seemed to make up 95% of the guests, were there to party and drink as much as they could. It didn't even matter in the a la carte restos. Everyone would rather yell than talk. Smoking was an issue as many chose to smoke on their balconies, which is a major fire hazard at sea. I've never witnessed this on other cruises.

Your review is appreciated, your opinions duly noted. However, I am deeply offended by your assumption that all New Yorkers are loud, obnoxious drinkers and smokers who cannot conduct themselves properly in the "a la carte" restaurants.

As a New Yorker, I take offense of your suspicions that anyone behaving this way must be NY/NJ. You know you shouldn't make assumptions. As, I don't smoke, don't drink, and I am friendly and gracious to anyone in my vicinity. I've always met lovely, friendly, and perhaps, even loud people on my cruises originating out of NYC. It never occurred to me to poll the "loud" passengers as to their home state. It has been my experience that people from many different places can be obnoxious.

If you chose not to sail from NYC again in the future, that is your loss.

You got that right. I live in Texas. We are not a quiet group. LOL.

I did a CTN on the Dawn out of NY. Lots of fun folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never sailed on NCL, but I was surprised by the view that the shop is "tired".

It was only launched 4 years ago!! 04/30/13

Are cruise ships evolving as fast as computers did, and smartphones are? Wow, I guess that doesn't say much for investment and the years it takes to build a ship.

I guess a billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used too

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

IIRC the BA was about $700 million based on reports here. In contrast, DCL Fantasy which is similar in size was $1.1 billion and it showed.

IIRC the BA was about $700 million based on reports here. In contrast, DCL Fantasy which is similar in size was $1.1 billion and it showed.

I guess everyone has their own point of view, The Breakaway is a beautiful ship and in no way doe it look tiered. That’s just my opinion

Marion

When "sides come out ten minutes late" what do MOST PEOPLE do? They call the manager and that's to start. Why anybody would sit there and accept this is beyond me. And please, where did the OP say they had complained and given management the opportunity to correct this on the spot?

When making rounds the manager asked how dinner was and I told her the truth. She offered us a return for dinner the following night. Unfortunately there were no seatings prior to 9:30 so we passed. I appreciate her effort but it didn't change the meal.

And I echo the other poster's comments too about the terrible creme brulee (norm my fav) and having to leave the resto to get drinks myself.