Norwegian Breakaway Berlin Port Complaint

737swapilot

We booked a cruise on The Norwegian Breakaway for Aug 2018 with a departure from Berlin on a 9 day Mediterranean cruise. Fast forward to today and I am trying to find out about purchasing transfers from the airport to the cruise ship and back and guess what its nowhere to be found. You can find info on all of the other ports that Norwegian serves EXCEPT Berlin. So I call Norwegian and they inform me that 1. They have no airfare to berlin from JFK, "you find your own way" and second the transfer from Berlin to the cruise port is $600 PP EACH WAY. yes that is 4800 for 4 people roundtrip. To make a long story short no matter what I tried to ask the supervisor her answer was "we reserve the right to modify anything we want, if you don't like it then cancel otherwise find your own way!

OK norwegian I will speak with my wallet!

Some uses the long train ride in going to the cruise port. There could be transport info from members with actual experience on the Northern Europe Port of Call Forum:

Northern Europe & Baltic Sea

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?192https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?192

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I'm not sure, if I read your post correct (sorry, english is not my native language) but first:

Breakaways 9days in August are not in Mediterranean Sea. Its a Baltic Cruise. Berlin is not that close to "Warnemünde/Rostock" where the cruise will start. Its about 250km one way.

Maybe you could try to find a flight from Berlin to Rostock/Laage - or use the train - the train from Berlin to Rostock needs about 2 hours, there is a small train from Rostock to Warnemünde or take a Taxi

the train would cost about 20€/person if you choose a special train. or about 35€/person if you take a "flex ticket" (you would be able to change the time, if your flights are late or you like to take an earlier one.

if you have any questions about transportation in Germany, feel free to ask :-)

We booked a cruise on The Norwegian Breakaway for Aug 2018 with a departure from Berlin on a 9 day Mediterranean cruise. Fast forward to today and I am trying to find out about purchasing transfers from the airport to the cruise ship and back and guess what its nowhere to be found. You can find info on all of the other ports that Norwegian serves EXCEPT Berlin. So I call Norwegian and they inform me that 1. They have no airfare to berlin from JFK, "you find your own way" and second the transfer from Berlin to the cruise port is $600 PP EACH WAY. yes that is 4800 for 4 people roundtrip. To make a long story short no matter what I tried to ask the supervisor her answer was "we reserve the right to modify anything we want, if you don't like it then cancel otherwise find your own way!

OP: Are you really sure that you are on a 9 day Mediterranean cruise? The Breakaway is only sailing Baltic cruises next summer (including August). Also, you can pick the same cruise up in Copenhagen. The airport in Copenhagen is much closer to the cruise port (< 20 minute taxi ride).

I guess "special" is not the correct word...

you can choose between two things: if you book the train for 9 o'clock you pay about 19€ and you can only use the train at that time.

if you choose the "flex ticket" you can use the train at each time you like. The ticket is not for a special train/time.

Sorry, I dont know how to explain it better.

OP: Are you really sure that you are on a 9 day Mediterranean cruise? The Breakaway is only sailing Baltic cruises next summer (including August). Also, you can pick the same cruise up in Copenhagen. The airport in Copenhagen is much closer to the cruise port (< 20 minute taxi ride).

thats what I wrote in my first answer... its a Baltic Cruise

and you are right. Same cruise starts one day earlier in Copenhagen. Warnemünde is mostly used by German guests

Just cancel.

Just cancel.

There are 17 of us, we have family that lives in St. Petersburg, I'm scrambling trying to find another cruise during the same time, I just found a private bus that will do it for 170 pp in Euros but I would have stomach using Norwegian :)

The problem is that they never said anything in the beginning

where do you live? and when will you arrive in Berlin (which airport?) I would prefer the train from Berlin to Rostock. If you book the train tickets early, the price wont be too high.

Or maybe call NCL and you could switch to Copenhagen the day earlier with your group.

where do you live? and when will you arrive in Berlin (which airport?) I would prefer the train from Berlin to Rostock. If you book the train tickets early, the price wont be too high.

Or maybe call NCL and you could switch to Copenhagen the day earlier with your group.

We are flying in from Chicago and New York

1.Reschedule to start the cruise the day before in Copenhagen.

2 if you have to start in Berlin then take the train to Warnemunde via Rostock. As others have said that is reasonably cheap.

Also confirm you are starting/ending in Warnemunde. My Baltic cruise on the Getaway this year called at the Rostock commercial port which is across the river from Warnemunde and less easily accessible.

Not sure what your gripe is? Public transport from Berlin to Warnemunde is cheap and easy.

I found another Option for you, which could be interesting

288c10ad19f616afbbc75eaa7c160081.jpg

Check out for your Date:

Flixbus.de

The Price is for the whole group

Maybe additional Charge for luggage

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Do you want to spend several days in Berlin? If not you would be better starting in Copenhagen the day before where the transfer from the airport is short and straightforward. You can then do Berlin as a day trip when the ship calls in Rostock/Warnemunde.

1.Reschedule to start the cruise the day before in Copenhagen.

2 if you have to start in Berlin then take the train to Warnemunde via Rostock. As others have said that is reasonably cheap.

Also confirm you are starting/ending in Warnemunde. My Baltic cruise on the Getaway this year called at the Rostock commercial port which is across the river from Warnemunde and less easily accessible.

Not sure what your gripe is? Public transport from Berlin to Warnemunde is cheap and easy.

So far they say it's warnemunde,

My gripe is 1. They won't let me change departure ports without having to cancel and rebook thereby losing my pricing. And most importantly my gripe is their unwillingness to work with me. Instead of trying to help me they basically refuse to do anything.

First off relax (I know it is easy for me to say). We were on this itinerary (Getaway) this past summer, and loved it.

Although we did leave out of Copenhagen, we met many people that boarded in Warnemunde/Rostock. A number of them took the train, some hired private cars, and I spoke to one couple that drove.

As you do your research you will quickly discover that finding your own means of travel (and excursions) will be a lot cheaper, and many times better than what NCL has to offer. It is still a little early, but sign up on your Roll Call - some other fellow passengers may be in the same situation and already can suggest a few options. As someone above suggested, also look at the thread on the Baltic ports. [Caveat: note the new restrictions for private tours in St. Petersburg.]

Since we did not leave out of Germany I did not look for it, but was there a transfer option available by NCL from Berlin to the port and they have since removed it?

Another question, did you inquire about flights out of LaGuardia?