What is wrong with the Gem 2 bedroom Haven suite??

Smong

I was just playing around looking to see what rooms were left on my upcoming nov 11 sailing and it appears we are the only ones booked in that room type! All the others are still available! Is there something wrong with that room that no one else booked it?:confused:

Hey there!

I'm thinking that is some kind of error. The 2 bedroom villas in the Haven are one of the most sought after rooms on NCL ships (and most expensive!). So I think you

will be fine :-)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! My family and I are sailing on the Escape in a Haven 2-bedroom Villa also. We are so excited!

Could be that since these are popular with families with kids, not many kids on your sailing so not much demand for them. Also, they are essentially the same as the 2 bedroom non-Haven suites on deck 11 but more expensive - maybe those needing a 2 bedroom are going that route?

Nothing wrong with this suites. Expensive is probably the issue. The regular 2BR is exactly the same as the Haven 2BR. Unlike the bigger ships, there is not a haven restaurant/bar up there.

It will get filled with upgrades.

By the way, on our recent Jade (same layout) cruise - the Haven 2BR were sold out way in advance. The regular 2BR still had 6 or so available two weeks before the cruise. Some of the variance is tied to who is cruising that week and what they are willing to spend.

There were apparently 8 people that wanted the Haven our week. Not so for your week.

On Gem the only advantage of The Haven is the pool - there is no dedicated restaurant, bar, etc like some of the newer ships. And the cost difference is pretty big for such a small difference. I think the bidding process and pricing structure are such that many who might have booked those Haven suites just booked a regular suite with hopes that they can bid up for much less than retail. That’s certainly what seems to be happening on the mega-ships and The Haven - Haven is often half sold (or less!) by the time bidding starts.

On Gem the only advantage of The Haven is the pool - there is no dedicated restaurant, bar, etc like some of the newer ships. And the cost difference is pretty big for such a small difference. I think the bidding process and pricing structure are such that many who might have booked those Haven suites just booked a regular suite with hopes that they can bid up for much less than retail. That’s certainly what seems to be happening on the mega-ships and The Haven - Haven is often half sold (or less!) by the time bidding starts.

Have been in the haven on the breakaway and the escape so i guess this is going to be a different experience! This was a CAS freebee for us (well not exactly free) but close enough to warrant booking in this room! I guess we shall see! looking forward to the Gem since everyone on here speaks so highly of it!

Have been in the haven on the breakaway and the escape so i guess this is going to be a different experience! This was a CAS freebee for us (well not exactly free) but close enough to warrant booking in this room! I guess we shall see! looking forward to the Gem since everyone on here speaks so highly of it!

The haven area is a nice touch, especially if someone in your cabin wants to wander out of the cabin out to the pool/lounge area. We had that on a TA cruise once and enjoyed it. We had the non-haven 2BR on last cruise (via CAS) and bid on the Haven upgrade. When I first got the offer, the min was like $200 or so (times 2), so I bid. Then it changed to a minimum of $600 each and I did not want to spend that much... and they were sold out anyways. Guessing one might have opened and they moved up to OS. I consider the OS a downgrade from either 2BR suite myself.

I agree with everyone's comments that on the Jewel class ships the Haven perks on the 2-bedroom suites are not usually enough to justify the difference in cost. The only additional perk that I can think of is access to the lounge area. It is not at all like the Haven experience on the new ships. The sitting area is nice but 80% of the time when we walk by it it is empty. The time we see it used the most is at breakfast time.

Untrue. Another huge advantage that I love is the courtyard valet. He/she serves you breakfast and lunch from the Cagney's menu and gets your desired drinks all day while sitting in relative solitude away from the rest of the crowds on the ship. In addition the courtyard valet keeps the courtyard breakfast and snack bar replenished.

Untrue. Another huge advantage that I love is the courtyard valet. He/she serves you breakfast and lunch from the Cagney's menu and gets your desired drinks all day while sitting in relative solitude away from the rest of the crowds on the ship. In addition the courtyard valet keeps the courtyard breakfast and snack bar replenished.

And of course there is that huge sun deck above the Haven where the valet will keep you well watered as well. When the weather is right that area is a great and restful sun trap.

We loved our H4 on the Gem. Loved it! We were in 14010, & it was a great location, just outside the courtyard door. No, the balcony is quite small, with no room for loungers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

I had a lounger their was plenty of room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums