Embarkation on Escape

The Escape is all aboard at 4 oclock for our New England/Canada Cruise. We would like to enjoy NYC before we board. If we get to the pier around 1:30 will that be early enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe it's a 4 pm departure, not a 4 pm "all aboard ". A 4 pm "all aboard" would be for a ship departing later than 4.

In any event 1:30 pm arrival is fine for a 4 pm departure.

Being a New Yorker, the only suggestion I could give since the Terminal is located along the West Side - Hudson River around the higher 40's - lower 50's streets is to take a cab to either Time Square, Rockefeller Center or Lincoln Center.

Next to the pier is also the Carrier Intrepid - Air Sea Museum. A block or two away.

Having cruised, I know the ship would like to know that everyone is on board the last half hour before departing to prepare to disconnect the Gangway and remove the lines for departure.

Be careful not to be too close to missing the ship...

We will leave plenty of time! I will be the one not enjoying the morning because I will be anxious about getting there on time! Flying up the day before and staying in Time Square area. Just want to have time to eat a Donut Plant treat and maybe walk around Central Park! Rather enjoy the city than standing in a long embarkation line at 10:30 in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums