Quantum of the Seas Medical Emergency

Stockjock

Currently on the 9-15-18 Ultimate Japan 8 night on Quantum stopped off the coast of Japan with 2 Japanese Coast Guard vessels due to a “medical emergency”, as announced by the Captain.

Not sure what happened, but I hope the passenger involved will be okay.

I just hear the ambulance leave the station down the street. In case anyone wants to know.

The above statement sounds kind of silly?

Ships that have 4500 passengers, sailing for a week at a time, are small cities. Medical issues happen all the time. However, what is the fascination of reporting it when it happens? The ambulance leaves a few times a day. No one reports that. It just seems that there is a weird fascination to report medical issues on these boards when it really is just a fact of life, that it will happen. Just like the hospital that is a mile away from me is filled with medical emergencies daily.

The port agent in Halifax told me (as I was waiting for a taxi to the hospital to catch up with my parents), that he had an NCL cruise, that they pulled the gangway 6 times and re-set it for medical emergencies.

And that was just over may an hours time.

There was a helicopter evac off Grandeur first night of the Aug 16 9 night cruise.

Currently on the 9-15-18 Ultimate Japan 8 night on Quantum stopped off the coast of Japan with 2 Japanese Coast Guard vessels due to a “medical emergency”, as announced by the Captain.

Not sure what happened, but I hope the passenger involved will be okay.

Right now we are between China and Japan, and the captain did come on the PA earlier and said that even though the situation was quite serious, the passenger was doing well. So that’s good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk