Bringing wine aboard in Europe

MaiTaiMary

I read somewhere that the rules are different when embarking in Europe. Does anybody know if it's the standard "one wine bottle per adult"?

thanks

We sailed Vista Transatlantic from Barcelona one year ago. (I can't believe it's been a whole year already! :eek:) Between the two of us, we carried on six bottles of wine and two bottles of alcohol. We also bought and carried on more wine and alcohol at one of the ports.

We had the smallest bar bill of any of our cruises.:D

I was on the Vista in 2016 Med Cruise, They took my wine until end of cruise at ports. But u could bring one bottle per person embarkment

You must have been on one of the earlier Med cruises (or didn't leave from Barcelona). Did you visit any non EU countries? I was on the last 2 Med cruises and TA and brought wine and alcohol on in several ports. In fact, leaving from Barcelona, the duty free liquor store is after security. Several people dropped off things in their cabin and went back to the store to load up more.

• 6 months later...
We were on Vista in Barcelona and could bring in alcohol, as much as we wanted. They had a liquor store in the port, steps away from boarding- after security.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same for the Horizon cruises! Liquor store in the port, right near the check in desk

NOTE: They DO NOT sell bottles of liquor or cigarettes on these cruises