Sunscreen in Cozumel

csheide

I would not wait until I was there- it will be twice as expensive for half as much. You can buy the biodegradable sunscreen almost everyplace here in the states- drug stores, your local supermarket, big box stores. Why not bring it with you?

I have not been able to find it at any local stores. I have even heard the one at Trader Joe's is not acceptable. I don't want to over pay for it there but I am afraid that if I buy something here it will not be acceptable. I was looking to see if anyone had any personal experience with what they wanted you to wear when you are doing the dolphin excursion.

We did this way back in 2005. We applied our sunscreen on the ship before we arrived at the dolphin swim place. No one asked us what brand or type of sunscreen we were wearing. If they require a certain kind be used, Im sure they will provide it as well as a place to shower off and re apply the required sunscreen. I wouldn't stress over it. Of course we don't want to harm the dolphins, and neither do they...so just go there, listen to their instructions and have a great time!

After reading some more websites I think I will just give in and buy one of the brands they recommend. My daughters and I are so fair skinned that I can't take a chance and not have something on. I also want to respect the reefs and dolphins and certainly wouldn't want to harm them. Thanks for all the help.

Do I have to have biodegradable sunscreen for the dolphin excursion at Chankanaab? Can I buy it on the ship or at Chankanaab? Thanks for any help. :)

Everyone entering the water on any beach should use biodegradable suntan lotion, it just makes sense. Ever see an oily sheen in the water when you're on a snorkel trip? It's gross and doesn't do a reef or it's living creatures any good. Why screw up clear water with carbon based oil sheens?

And yes, most Mexican excursions have this stipulation, one area they are more advanced than us Norteamericanos.

Mebbe its just me, but there is a reason that biodegradeable sunscreen is required at Chankanaab - to protect the ecosystem. It is, after all, a federally protected marine park

Anyone that tries to skirt the issue is just rude and selfish

Archived