Live Muse Inaugural Voyage Ft Lauderdale to Valparasio-13 October to 31 October 2017

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:27 PM.
usa
2,816 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Only 13 days until we depart from Ft Lauderdale. Fortunately we are not afflicted with triskaidekaphobia or more specifically paraskevidekatriaphobia because we likely would have had a tough time embarking on Friday the 13th. Nor do we have bogyphobia or samhainophobia, more good fortune, as we disembark on All Hallows' Eve and arrive home on November 1.

About the only phobia we will admit to is lilapsophobia, probably the result of one IRMA.
Good thing I am married to a shrink.

We are more than excited to be able to cruise the Muse.

Yippee!
Colorado
1,543 Posts
Joined May 2011
Since we embark on your disembarkation day, I hope you may suffer from Oenophobia so that there will be plenty of vino left for us to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usa
2,816 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Yikes.
I have a spelling error which is mortifying!
It will follow this thread forever.
Sorry... my editor and proofreader both have failed me.
UK
6,905 Posts
Joined May 2012
Spins,

I didn't understand any of the afflictions which you thankfully do not have, and wish you a great trip. I hope it "makes up for things"!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jeff

Santa Ynez Valley, CA
40 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by Stumblefoot
Since we embark on your disembarkation day, I hope you may suffer from Oenophobia so that there will be plenty of vino left for us to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regards,

Bolshoi
London, but not in the EU (soon)
2,126 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by spinnaker2
Only 13 days until we depart from Ft Lauderdale. Fortunately we are not afflicted with triskaidekaphobia or more specifically paraskevidekatriaphobia because we likely would have had a tough time embarking on Friday the 13th. Nor do we have bogyphobia or samhainophobia, more good fortune, as we disembark on All Hallows' Eve and arrive home on November 1.

About the only phobia we will admit to is lilapsophobia, probably the result of one IRMA.

Yippee!

Will wave as we depart, have a fabulous time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
usa
2,816 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Thanks Jeff and mysty.
Bolshoi I will leave vino for you. And your furry friends.

Mr. Silver, we will wave. But you all get off on the 12th.
Is manfredi having a Miami soiree on the 12th?
We embark on the 13th.
Regards to your lovely wife.
usa
2,816 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
7 days to go!

Packing has not started, however the packing lists from other cruises have been compared and scrutinized. A new list has been generated.

Today the number of formal nights (3) and dates of same appeared on the MySilversea app. This coincides with the reports from others posting on the Muse thread of their current sailing that the dress code changes were imminent.

Still a mystery what will take place on the 12 after the current pax get off until the following day...

So much to look forward to and to be grateful for!
Jalisco Mex
305 Posts
Joined Dec 2016

Yippee!

Spins: We need you on our upcoming Wind TA with your knowledge of phobias.....Colin is our trivia leader...... Hope you have a fantastic cruise, following the stress of the hurricane and aftermath.....
Penny
2,126 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
7 days to go!

Packing has not started, however the packing lists from other cruises have been compared and scrutinized. A new list has been generated.

Today the number of formal nights (3) and dates of same appeared on the MySilversea app. This coincides with the reports from others posting on the Muse thread of their current sailing that the dress code changes were imminent.

Still a mystery what will take place on the 12 after the current pax get off until the following day...

So much to look forward to and to be grateful for!

It's a TA day and ship is doing a run I think to Bimini and then sailing back, with the twelve poor souls who are doing a back to back.

United Kingdom
1,979 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Have a great cruise..... I'm absolutely certain you will enjoy the Muse. Don't forget to post some photos of the Indochine / Atlantide / Dolce Vita so we can see the changes. I expect from comments, Indochone is just having a menu tone down change and nothing cosmetic. Think its a shame the Atlantide bar will be gone..... but Dolce Vita is certainly a curiosity. When you see how big the whole area it occupied, you will certainly understand the negative views from pretty much everyones reviews. (More to the point, I don't think there were any positives.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

usa
2,816 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Les,
I will try and report as I am able.
The internet constraints may be a problem.
Or the enjoyment factor getting in the way of writing!
2,126 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by les37b
Have a great cruise..... I'm absolutely certain you will enjoy the Muse. Don't forget to post some photos of the Indochine / Atlantide / Dolce Vita so we can see the changes. I expect from comments, Indochone is just having a menu tone down change and nothing cosmetic. Think its a shame the Atlantide bar will be gone..... but Dolce Vita is certainly a curiosity. When you see how big the whole area it occupied, you will certainly understand the negative views from pretty much everyones reviews. (More to the point, I don't think there were any positives.)

The bar is still there, but open to the restaurant and much reduced.

Arlington,VA
213 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Two days to go!
Is it possible that I am the only CC member who will be aboard on this cruise?
We do that run 1/3/18