Weight loss success for cruise

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:14 AM.
#1
95 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
So, i am 38 male and less then a year ago i was over 200lbs. The heaviest i have ever been was about 230 so for a guy that is 5'9 that is pretty big. I am going on a cruise on the 21st of january and for the past 3 months i have changed my diet and can proudly say i stepped on the scale this morning and i am now weigh 167lbs. I am so excited as this will be the first cruise i go on where i feel as if i look good for my age without a shirt lol. Hope everyone has the same success i did!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app
#2
Mesa, AZ
2,381 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Congrats man - that is some awesome work! Enjoy your cruise - you earned this one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#6
95 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by Keith1010
Wow that is amazing.

Did you also exercise or was this all through a diet.

Congratulations.

Keith
I did very little exercise, changed my diet to salads for lunch and lots of chicken and veggies for dinner. Cut out sugar and portion control. If i can so it anyone can lol. Oh yea No soda! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app
#7
31 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Wow, that truly is a good success! Congratulations! I also had some troubles with my weight in the past, but luckily, I could get past this with a little more attention for what and when I ate and with totally avoiding sweet baverages on a daily basis. That, combined with a new sports I started (climbing) did the job done. Thank you for sharing your experiences with low carb, I'm going to tell my partner about your success, he is on a keto diet right now.
#8
762 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Wow, good going, great job!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2005-Fascination
2006-Fantasy
2010-Victory Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...8747&highlight=
2011-Dream Review:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1#post30713163
2012-Valor
2013-Breeze-Best ever!
2014-RCCL Vision of the Seas
2018- RCCL Jewel of the Seas
Next-Carnival Horizon





Unofficial VP of waterslide testing!
create a gif
#9
Ontario, Canada
131 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Good job! I've also lost 47lbs in the past year and still want to loose another 30-40lbs. I have given up flour, sugar and alcohol. We are going on a B2B cruise in Feb and I'm not sure how to handle all the food. I'm scared if I start eating sugar and carbs I will not be able to stop! What's your plan? I've lost and gained too many times.
#10
Kansas
166 Posts
Joined May 2013
Congratulations. We just booked a 12 day cruise out of Barcelona for summer 2019. My goal is to loose weight and get in shape so I can keep up on all the walking. I just started a work out routine and cut the soda out completely and drastically cut out gluten. I've had knee and ankle issues for almost two years and now that I am a few months out from knee surgery it's time to get at it. The cruise is my motivation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
December 2007 - Disney Magic
October 2013 Allure of the Seas
May 2015 Navigator of the Seas
#11
95 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by want2bcruizin
Good job! I've also lost 47lbs in the past year and still want to loose another 30-40lbs. I have given up flour, sugar and alcohol. We are going on a B2B cruise in Feb and I'm not sure how to handle all the food. I'm scared if I start eating sugar and carbs I will not be able to stop! What's your plan? I've lost and gained too many times.
So i am currently now 165lbs and my goal for the cruise is eat what i want just in moderation. I am very active on cruises, much more then at home. I may even hit the gym early on sea days for 30 minutes or so. Im sure i will gain some but would like to limit it to 5lbs over the week. I leave in 9 days, so will definatly give an update when i return and hooefully will have good news to report lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app
#12
Ontario, Canada
131 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by xcruisedirector
So i am currently now 165lbs and my goal for the cruise is eat what i want just in moderation. I am very active on cruises, much more then at home. I may even hit the gym early on sea days for 30 minutes or so. Im sure i will gain some but would like to limit it to 5lbs over the week. I leave in 9 days, so will definatly give an update when i return and hooefully will have good news to report lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app


Gaining is not an option for me. I will not indulge much. Maybe a few glasses of wine and a few bites of dessert at dinner. I will stick to my plan as closely as I can. Hopefully with all the extra walking and activity I will not gain. I will try to focus on having fun that is not food related. No eating for entertainment for me. Been there. Done that. Don’t want the results that I get with that plan. Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#14
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Originally posted by shennamariesecondes
I did very little exercise, changed my diet to salads for lunch and lots of chicken and veggies for dinner. Cut out sugar and portion control. If i can so it anyone can lol. Oh yea No soda! Lol
same for me lol