I'm off the Fence... Yacht Club here I come!!

lcpagejr

Some of you may recognize my name from my past posts questioning the MSC Seaside's actual cruise experience vs what I perceived they advertised to entice more of the N American market. I am not here to restart this debate.

However...through feedback from everyone on this board... I had decided if a Yacht Club Suite became available , I would give the Seaside a chance. I have been monitoring several of my internet agencies 4 to 5x a day hoping a cabin will become available for a end of march cruise. This is the only week I can make it work due to wife's and my work schedule.

Last night a Yacht Club Suite (YC1) became available and I jumped on it immediately!! I am looking forward to giving MSC a try and am excited about cruising on the beautiful Seaside. Being in Yacht Club should alleviate most, if not all, of my onboard concerns . Now I need to find a way to get my 5% (from the Status Match) applied to my cruise fare.... but I'm sure this will be worked out!!

Are they giving any good discounts? Just wondering as we are sailing march 10th in YC................

I'm sure I paid one of the higher rates.... being so late in the booking process. That being said....We are taking our grandson with us and he sails for free (not including port taxes and tips). I am paying no more than what I paid for a Havana Cabin on The Carnival Vista...and Yacht Club includes and has so much more....So all in all I am very satisfied with what I'm paying... considering its so late. Also I am getting over $400 in OBC from the internet agency I booked through. The price was actually a few dollars higher if I had booked through MSC (did a quick dummy booking before confirming with other agency) but they offered no OBC!!

Some of you may recognize my name from my past posts questioning the MSC Seaside's actual cruise experience vs what I perceived they advertised to entice more of the N American market. I am not here to restart this debate.

However...through feedback from everyone on this board... I had decided if a Yacht Club Suite became available , I would give the Seaside a chance. I have been monitoring several of my internet agencies 4 to 5x a day hoping a cabin will become available for a end of march cruise. This is the only week I can make it work due to wife's and my work schedule.

Last night a Yacht Club Suite (YC1) became available and I jumped on it immediately!! I am looking forward to giving MSC a try and am excited about cruising on the beautiful Seaside. Being in Yacht Club should alleviate most, if not all, of my onboard concerns . Now I need to find a way to get my 5% (from the Status Match) applied to my cruise fare.... but I'm sure this will be worked out!!

Im in the same boat as you. (pun intended). I canceled my cruise for this spring break but have plans for YC 2019.

Enjoy and tell us about it! We are in an inside YC in June. We also added our 5 percent off from status match after the fact - it was no problem. Booking extras on the website doesn't seem to work well, but actually Celebrity's website was much more frustrating with our last cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I looked at the MSC booking site last night- there were 4 Yacht Club Deluxe Suites available on Deck 16 for March 3, 2018 sailing. $2179 pp for passengers 1/2 and only $689 pp for passengers 3/4 (+ $108 pp GFT) . Was shocked to find the availability at only 29 days out !

The price for passengers 1/2 was similar for my 3/24 cruise...But my 3rd was free (Grandson is only 8)...Got lucky there.!!

These cabins just pop up. You have to be committed to check regularly and if so...you will be able to snag one. For over a month I checked daily several times.... I had a heck of time trying to find a cabin for 3 (plenty of 2's)...Originally was hoping to grab an Aurea experience.... But 2 nights ago the Yacht Club Suite and a Aurea popped up ...so I couldn't pass up the Yacht Club Suite especially after reading all the positives for this area!!

• 5 months later...

I bit the bullet and trying YC on the seaside. My agent found the YC Deluxe Suite on the 05-25-19 sailing for $1733.00 pp.

5% Black card discount, 15% select sailing discount, $200.00 OBC and free standard internet.

I felt this was a grab it and try MSC in YC moment.

Excited to try their YC product.

I bit the bullet and trying YC on the seaside. My agent found the YC Deluxe Suite on the 05-25-19 sailing for $1733.00 pp.

5% Black card discount, 15% select sailing discount, $200.00 OBC and free standard internet.

I felt this was a grab it and try MSC in YC moment.

Excited to try their YC product.

YC is a wonderful experience. Enjoy!!!!