Carnival Pride - first cruise

PTAngel

We are booking the Carnival Pride in March 2016 for a 14 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We have only been on one cruise on Royal Caribbean. I have gotten the fever. Does anyone have any pictures of this ship or any advice? We have a 4K cabin on hold on deck 4.

PT Angel, I am scheduled to sail on her out of Tampa 12/7/2014. In Oct she will be going into dry dock and will have the upgrades added at that time.

On page 3 or 4 here on CC, there is a review that is long but well written and lots of picture. the title of the review starts out "Wrigley80 Carnival Pride" there is more to the title, but that is all I remember. I believe you would enjoy reading it, I did.

Naoma

we are also getting ready to book Pride for 20166.. I havent sailed her, but her sister ship Miracle is my favorte ship! We are fond of the Vista Suites on deck 4.... i think you will love this ship... perfect size. Iread somewhere thar se is going i for the new upgrades this year.. that will ake her all the better!

We are booking the Carnival Pride in March 2016 for a 14 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. We have only been on one cruise on Royal Caribbean. I have gotten the fever. Does anyone have any pictures of this ship or any advice? We have a 4K cabin on hold on deck 4.

Is this the repositioning cruise of the Pride from Tampa to Baltimore which sails from March 15th through March 29th?

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Is this the repositioning cruise of the Pride from Tampa to Baltimore which sails from March 15th through March 29th?

No, this is one of a few of the longer cruises that the Pride is taking in the beginning of the year, 2016. Very good itinerary.

Edited by retiredgram

PT Angel, I am scheduled to sail on her out of Tampa 12/7/2014. In Oct she will be going into dry dock and will have the upgrades added at that time.

On page 3 or 4 here on CC, there is a review that is long but well written and lots of picture. the title of the review starts out "Wrigley80 Carnival Pride" there is more to the title, but that is all I remember. I believe you would enjoy reading it, I did.

Naoma

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090574

Thinking of doing this also. After being spoiled from the beginning of the cruise universe lol, we will have to "'take off" for 2015 :( and since CCL will not be sailing from our homeport of Manhattan, figure will trek down to Baltimore and go on the Pride. She is the only Spirit class ship we have never sailed on, but you will LOVE this class. If you book a VS on decks except 5, you will have wrap around balconies and seperate rooms in your cabin. AWESOME. We were always in 8268. Wrigley80 just did a GREAT review of her cruise and Jamman54 has done some also. Looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades. Maybe we will see you on board :D:);):cool:(fingers crossed!)

Another vote for Wrigley80........awesome review and pics!!!

I really enjoyed my time on the Pride and hope to be back on it again after the upgrades. I'm loving the cruise itinerary you're about to book.

Agree the itinerary is AMAZING. Only drawback to the 14 day cruise is that my 2 bottles of wine will not make it to the 2nd week! :o:eek: Does anyone know if you sail on longer cruises if the carry on allotment is modified?

It is a great opportunity for a drive-to cruise from New Castle. We have driven twice from West Fenwick downstate to sail Pride. We enjoyed the ship very much. We liked it as much as RCI Enchantment when we cruised it out of Baltimore and actually like the ship itself better than RCI Grandeur out of Baltimore. If your 4K is the outside obstructed by lifeboats that counts as an inside in price, people seem to like them quite a bit. Look at the deck plans and try not to be above the Piano Bar; there might be noise.

What was the RCI ship you cruised? Some on the board may able to help with comparison.

The Wrigley 80 review is a good resource. There was another very good one in the not-too-distant past. I can't recall the exact name, but it started with something like "Anun......" I'm sure someone on the board will remember the names of he and his now wife who also writes excellent reviews. Chris or Christine?? Excellent resource.

A follow-up.

If you go to the forum search feature, type in Pride reviews. When that screen appears, take a look at Mike and Tracy's continuing adventures: Pride (should be first page), and Chrissandra's 2012 Carnival Pride Review. I think that one is on page three. These are two other good reviews with lots of pictures.

What will probably change most after the Pride's refurbishment from their reviews and my experience will be nighttime theater entertainment choices. That has been another discussion area on the boards.

Thank you all for your quick responses. I just spent almost 3 hours reading Brianna's review. It was very helpful. The pictures were great & there was a lot of information. I am really looking forward to this cruise. My husband picked this because of the itinerary (8 ports of call). He backed out of a cruise I booked for May 2015 (I'm going anyway with our son) so when he picked this one out I jumped on it.

Agree the itinerary is AMAZING. Only drawback to the 14 day cruise is that my 2 bottles of wine will not make it to the 2nd week! :o:eek: Does anyone know if you sail on longer cruises if the carry on allotment is modified?

When we go on a B2B, I carry 2 bottles in my carry-on and hubby carries 2 bottles. ;). They have never asked if we are doing a B2B since we get in separate lines when going thru security.

Edited by retiredgram

When we go on a B2B, I carry 2 bottles in my carry-on and hubby carries 2 bottles. ;). They have never asked if we are doing a B2B since we get in separate lines when going thru security.

Good to know...wish CCL would allow you to bring A BOTTLE of wine and not specify size, tho I have gotten away with a larger size. I just don't like to take the chance anymore! I think it's just luck of the draw. I cruise from Manhattan and there were times when they took my wine and soda out and checked as if it was a potential nuclear bomb. Other times they don't even open my carry on and I walk right thru..:confused::p

We got off the Pride a few hours ago. We were in Cabin 4114 which is a 4K obstructed view room. I'm not sure if we took pictures of the view (if we did I will post them). This was a great room we were directly between the first two life boats on the port side. We were able to have a clear straight out. It is a great value considering it is prices as an interior.

Deck 4 on the Pride works well. The bars, restaurants and shops are on Decks 2 &3 so I is an easy walk down the steps. The only noisy was on the first night from the piano bar.

I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

Since you are booking pretty far out see if one of the " bowling alley " balconies is available. Room 6232 ( 4 people ) and rooms 7258 and 8232 ( 2 People) . They are quite the bargain for the same price as regular extended balcony but are triple length. You will need to call Carnival to check because they only show 10 rooms at a time on the website and those may not be one of the ten shown.

Edited by n6uqqq

Sailed the Pride when she was on the west coast. Beautiful ship. Love the way all decks go from forward to aft without being cut up. The butterfly stairs to the theater next to the showroom ars cute

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/library/Joe%20on%20the%20Pride?sort=3&page=1

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Edited by ccruisequeen

I don't think it is and Baltimore is a very strict port . . they checked and rechecked my 2 bottles last week and also undid our 12 pack of ginger ale and looked at every can. Retaped it poorly . . . some poor folks were losing cans while they headed up gangway.

I know a T A who has a group for the March 16. We are already booked. If interested email me and I will forward at

LisaMc0719 at Verizon dot net

I don't think it is and Baltimore is a very strict port . . they checked and rechecked my 2 bottles last week and also undid our 12 pack of ginger ale and looked at every can. Retaped it poorly . . . some poor folks were losing cans while they headed up gangway.

I know a T A who has a group for the March 16. We are already booked. If interested email me and I will forward at

LisaMc0719 at Verizon dot net

I'm not sure what would happen if two people went on two different security lines. In our four Baltimore cruises, only once were we in separate lines. The other three times we were directed to the same line. But I will vouch for the above; Baltimore far and away searches for drinks more thoroughly than any other port. Didn't matter if we were sailing Carnival or RCI. They have always torn apart our sealed twelve packs of Diet Coke. They check the seals on wine bottles. The luggage porters have always reminded not to leave drinks in checked-in luggage.

Surprisingly, on our two RCI cruises there, they let us take on soda as per the Carnival policy though RCI technically restricts it. Screening security works for the port and seems to have adopted the Carnival policy for both lines.

All that said, I have found Baltimore the easiest port to park and depart from.

Sailed the Pride when she was on the west coast. Beautiful ship. Love the way all decks go from forward to aft without being cut up. The butterfly stairs to the theater next to the showroom ars cute

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/library/Joe%20on%20the%20Pride?sort=3&page=1

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

Totally agree with you. We sailed the Pride twice, then went on the Valor in an aft cabin. It was such a pain to get anywhere. Down so many decks, walk forward, then up so many decks, and walk back. What a pain! We're booked back on the Pride for Oct 2015 and looking forward to it.

Just of the Pride today. It was a wonderful cruise! Want to see images of Pride? Google "Carnival Pride Images." I don't know what it will look like after dry dock, but will say it's an easy ship to navigate. Food is great, saw two new (to us) shows that were very good, and visited the Comedy Club every night there was someone performing there.

Security in Baltimore is very tight. Don't even think about sneaking anything. Both our carry on bags were searched. Soda cans individually examined for tampering. No cameras or cell phones are allowed out while in the terminal.

Edited by Grannycb

I'm not sure what would happen if two people went on two different security lines. In our four Baltimore cruises, only once were we in separate lines. The other three times we were directed to the same line. But I will vouch for the above; Baltimore far and away searches for drinks more thoroughly than any other port. Didn't matter if we were sailing Carnival or RCI. They have always torn apart our sealed twelve packs of Diet Coke. They check the seals on wine bottles. The luggage porters have always reminded not to leave drinks in checked-in luggage.

Surprisingly, on our two RCI cruises there, they let us take on soda as per the Carnival policy though RCI technically restricts it. Screening security works for the port and seems to have adopted the Carnival policy for both lines.

All that said, I have found Baltimore the easiest port to park and depart from.

Hubby and I usually do different lines. Never have had a problem. Last time, they checked his soda, but that was no problem. They checked my 2 bottles of wine like you said to make sure was not tampered and did the same to hubby.

Thanks, everyone. I can't wait for this cruise. As you can see, I have 3 booked on Grandeur of the Seas. As I have read before, your first cruise has a lot of fond memories so I feel like I'm going home. This one has such an amazing itinerary though that I can't pass it up. I am getting brave & branching out! Who knows where this will lead me.