Rotterdam Sails from Tampa at 4pm; Boarding time?

Hello! I'll be sailing out of Tampa on the Rotterdam for the first time in a few weeks...I have completed our check-in, but there's still no information about boarding times or what time to arrive to the ship?

Any input on this? I'm part of the crowd that likes to arrive EARLY and start my cruise as soon as possible!

I'm staying at a hotel near the port in Tampa that has a shuttle leaving at 12:30pm. That seems a *bit* late to me, but thought I'd ask here!

Thanks!

Arrive whenever you like. Boarding will probably start somewhere around 11 AM- noon. Rooms should be ready when you board.

The Rotterdam is a small ship. You do not have the casts of thousands trying to board.

We board her this Sunday.

We stayed near the cruise ships as well. Took a taxi and got to the terminal at 10:30 - 10:45.

Checked in at 11.

Boarding usually begins at 11:30 -- you can go directly to your cabin and drop off carry-ons, etc. HAL tries to have the cabins ready by that time.

Lunch in the dining room is for all passengers -- lower level of the dining room. It is from Noon until 1:30. With your shuttle picking you up at 12:30, I don't see how you will make it in time to dine in the dining room. Looks like you will have to eat in the Lido or have hamburgers/hot dogs at the Dive In.

Hello! I'll be sailing out of Tampa on the Rotterdam for the first time in a few weeks...I have completed our check-in, but there's still no information about boarding times or what time to arrive to the ship?

Any input on this? I'm part of the crowd that likes to arrive EARLY and start my cruise as soon as possible!

I'm staying at a hotel near the port in Tampa that has a shuttle leaving at 12:30pm. That seems a *bit* late to me, but thought I'd ask here!

Thanks!

Since you are staying near the port, a taxi or Uber cannot be more than $10 plus tip. Even if the shuttle were free, I would taxi or Uber it and get there earlier.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'm definitely going to pay for an Uber and get my cruise started a couple of hours earlier!

I was told the Mariner Welcome Lunch is from 12 - 1:30pm on the day of embarkation for people that have sailed previously with Holland America. But, as it is the first day of the cruise, they are quite "relaxed" about who can go. (This is what the agent at Holland America told me over the phone a few minutes ago). We are sailing with my parents and my uncle and aunt who are new to Holland America. Does this mean we can all eat in the dining room together for this lunch? Are non-Mariner members expected to eat on the Lido on the day of embarkation?

Thanks again for your input.

I'm definitely going to pay for an Uber and get my cruise started a couple of hours earlier!

I was told the Mariner Welcome Lunch is from 12 - 1:30pm on the day of embarkation for people that have sailed previously with Holland America. But, as it is the first day of the cruise, they are quite "relaxed" about who can go. (This is what the agent at Holland America told me over the phone a few minutes ago). We are sailing with my parents and my uncle and aunt who are new to Holland America. Does this mean we can all eat in the dining room together for this lunch? Are non-Mariner members expected to eat on the Lido on the day of embarkation?

We sailed in the Rotterdam in January, or first HAL cruise. We ate in the dining room at lunch after boarding and dropping off our carry on at the room. No one said it was previous cruisers only.

As far as boarding, we arrived about 11:00 and the waiting area was at least 1/2 full. They started pre-boarding about 11:40 and we were on board at 12:30. I did not hear anything about a late arrival that could have delayed departures, pushing back the boarding. We could see the ship docked from our hotel when I got up at 7:00 AM, so it wasn’t delayed by much, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The agent at Holland America that you spoke with is "out of date" - no big surprise here! About 2 years ago HAL started letting everyone into the embarkation day lunch - no need to be a Mariner.

Now, most ships will have a Mariner reception the first day around 2-3 PM (Crows Nest normally). Sometimes this is open to all Mariners, other times just for 4-5 Stars. If you qualify, you will get an invite in your cabin. I have never seen them check the invitations at the door, so you should be able to bring your friends.